• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

spouse of wanna be helo dude

Rubiks06

pilot
Um....well everyday your husband comes home...you should have a beer in one hand and the remote in the other...make sure that dinner is on the table when he gets there and dont speak unless spoken to. That about sums it up...life will be good

Rubiks06

pilot
No but really

Well, depending on what his VT squadron was he will probably have a little less free time and have longer days. Waiting around to be third go kind of sucks but the flying is definitely more fun. I guess the best thing for you to do though is be understanding. Yes his number one job is to study, some need to study more than others, if you understand that, things should be ok. Your post kind of gave me the impression you have a bit of an attitude about it and your profile is kind of short too. Might just be how I interpret it. You shouldnt have to "deal" with much. Just be there for your dude hes going to be under a lot of pressure to do well.
Not an excuse for him to be a jerk, but you get the idea. I'm sure the spouses on here can probably give you a little bit better idea.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
You should make a post in the spouse forum. Also find out when the next Spouse Fam 0 is and attend. Did your husband just check in?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
The best way to "deal with it" is to find things outside of him to keep yourself busy with. Be a good study partner (I still remember some EP's and various trivia from all the studying we did together.) and learn to consider that quality time.

He will not have time for you. It uscks, but ti is what it is, and frankly, it is a taste of what it to come. When he goes to the RAG, he'll have more studying to do. After that, he'll be deploying (and all the prep that goes with that), working to make 2P, then Hac, etc. It will get slightly better, but dependign on his personality and what his groudn jobs are, there will always be a major time suck that you have to deal with. I know so many spouses who told themselves that they could handle this because it would be over when he winged, and then that it would be over when the FRS was over. But that mindest will only get you in trouble because in many ways, there will always be a next thing for him.

The best thing you can do for yourself now it to find ways to entertain yourself independently and to accept and be understanding of all of the time sucks that will always be around. That's the best coping skill you can have for as long as you are a military spouse.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
PWI, baby!

Did some drinking and tequila shots with the skipper last night and DH's Hail and bail, so maybe I'm still a bit drunk.

Okay, maybe I'm just a lousy typist who forrgot to spellcheck, but that is way less fun.

robav8r

None
Contributor
PWI, baby!

Did some drinking and tequila shots with the skipper last night and DH's Hail and bail, so maybe I'm still a bit drunk.

Okay, maybe I'm just a lousy typist who forrgot to spellcheck, but that is way less fun.

Now Villanelle, come on !!! You don't need to flaunt the whole "had drinks with the "Skipper" bit, makes you sound a bit trite, don't you think? You're not one of those "wears your husbands rank on your sleeve" types are you ???

:icon_carn

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Most certainly not! In fact, my husband's rank doesn't "qualify" him to be one of the guys drinking with a skipper, so it's quite the opposite. There's a good many numbers between his and the skipper's rank. As a little ol' wifey, however, I don't care how many stripes any of them have.

I just adore the guy (and his wife) and think he's a lot of fun, and really, I'll take any excuse to drink tequila.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Most certainly not! In fact, my husband's rank doesn't "qualify" him to be one of the guys drinking with a skipper, so it's quite the opposite. There's a good many numbers between his and the skipper's rank. As a little ol' wifey, however, I don't care how many stripes any of them have.

I just adore the guy (and his wife) and think he's a lot of fun, and really, I'll take any excuse to drink tequila.

Well now, you are a real "pistol," aren't you? Fair enough that you stand up for your gumption !!! A warning though - beware of the Skippers lair, his charms and illusions may deceive you . . . . ;)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From your profile....
I CANT SAY ANYMORE

Quid pro quo....we need something from you to start with here....