• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spatial Apperception Test...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musiqlover

Could someone please give me some suggestions on how I might do better on the Spatial Apperception Test of the ASTB? I have to re-take it because I didn't do well enough on that section. The main problem was that I ran out of time, so any tips, suggestions?

Thank you,

Paul

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Paul,

If you haven't done so already, possibly get some flight time under your belt. My prior flight time made those spacial apperception questions a joke. If this is not feasible, financially or for other reasons, try to get a study book from the public library and just keep practicing thoses types of questions over and over.

LTJG Steve Wilkins
Gunnery Officer
USS VALLEY FORGE (CG 50)

Edited by - Steve Wilkins on 03/07/2001 20:55:49

Dave Shutter

This book helped me out a lot...

ARCO Military Flight Aptitude Tests. It has the same diagrams that are on the SAT portion of the test, practicing them helps out a lot and of course so does real flight time if you can afford it.

Most libraries should have it if you don't want to shell out for it and I hear you about the test. It looks like a no brainer, but I got tricked up on some of them on the test, I'm sorry, but some of them just did not match up and I have almost thirty hours and a solo!

D

Stephen

Paul,
To back up what everyone said get the ARCO test book and study the spatial perception portion. I would study it a few minutes everyday ie..on the can, wacthing T.V.(The Discovery Wings Channel) whenever I had a free few minutes. The main thing I found was I just had to train myself to take that type of test, it's nothing you can just memorize.

But most importantly PACE YOURSELF!!! You have ten minutes I think to answer 30-35 questions. When you think about it 10min is a long time. Don't think so? Try going without oxygen for 10min. So just pace yourself, because if you don't you'll get in a rush and all the pictures will start to look the same and you'll get confused. But remember just relax and FLY NAVY!!!

Stephen J. Hall

nickou23

What helped me was going into it with the mindset that whatever I put down was right, no second guessing etc. I mean think about it and all that, but once you've committed to an answer, move on to the next one.
-Nickou

Dave Shutter

That's a good point too, after a couple dozen of them they all start to look alike and if you start second quessing yourself you'll be there all day.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.