• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Available Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cierno31

How does Space A Travel work. I am in the Navy and my SLPO told me that it is very unreliable because you may be waiting on layover for a couple of days. Is this true or is it overhyped? Do you have to fly from air stations in each specific branch of the military, or can you, for example, fly from a Marine Air Station to an Air Force station etc.? I tried to do some research on the subject but there are many different websites and I don't know which one to trust. This forum is very reliable so I would assume someone out there would know something or have some experience with Space A travel in the past. Any information would help. Thanks.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
It used to be a good deal but with the shrinking of the military and the decreasing of airline tickets, it is a wiser move to buy a positive space ticket on Delta, America, etc....

However, a few years ago, I took 3 trips to Australia, New Zealand, Pago Pago, and Hawaii all within one year. Also MAC'ed over to London once and Germany twice.

If you want to go to Europe, your best bets are flying out of Charleston, Dover, or McGuire. If you want to go to South America, try Charleston. If you want to go to Australia or Japan, fly out of Travis or McChord.

You are DoD and can fly on any DoD aircraft and land at any DoD base. However, today I would really suggest buying the ticket.

kray1395

I halfway agree with 46driver about buying the ticket. A better way to go, if you're really serious about traveling around the world, would be to save up the money to buy an emergency commercial ticket should you need to. Of course, this means saving up a lot of money because a last minute, one-way, ticket from overseas can probably set you back one or two thousand dollars. But that way, you can get to where you want to go using Space-A, and if it looks like you may not be able to get back so easily, buy the commercial ticket. Sure, it's possible that you might end up spending more money than you would have otherwise, but you might also save a lot more. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.