• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Some advice.

Lukess

Hey gents,

I'm new here(finally made and account) but I have been reading up on this website for a while. I have read up on a few forums regarding the questions I have, but either the conversation is a few years old (can't really rely on that) or I couldn't find one that completely answered my question.
Anyways, just gonna post a bit of information about myself and my situation to give you guys a better understanding.

23yrs old
Currently in my senior year of college (~3.0 in Health Science)
Prior servie: Marine corp 4yrs (Scout sniper, 2 deployments before the age of 21) evualuation, awards and all documentation are on standby to be sent to recruiter.
LOR's: 03 MARSOC(former scout sniper platoon commander) 01(former chief scout sniper, e5 at the time) E5, works under the state department now(Scout sniper team leader), 03 Army Ranger(ROTC instructor in high school), President of the local Animal shelter, President of Mr. International Committee. Figured they would appreciate actual LOR's from people you have actually worked with.
Experience: 4yrs Marines, Mr. International Guam 2015, Mr. Guam 2nd runner up, 1 yr volunteer and member at local animal shelter, 1yr GRC (local nonprofit organization), 300hrs of internship to be completed at local hospital upon graduation.

Still currently studying for the ASTB (found some helpful links to study guides and all). Going to attempt it in a month, current peers have been scoring around ~50 7/7/7 hopefully I can be just as good or better.

Now to my questions: Recruiter isn't so responsive, so I have to search for my answers.
1. How early can I apply? I've read 6 months and 1 yr. "If" by the work of the pilot gods, I get selected but I can't graduate on current path but the next semester, am i f&*ked or they just push the dates back?
2. My LOR's good or do I need to find some ridiculously high official who I have never worked with to write me one?
3. How many people are sent to the board for selection?
4. How often are the boards? or are they sporadic.
5. Tattoo waiver (can't be a grunt in the Marines and walk away without a few marks)

NastyPrior

pilot
Quick answer for #5. As long as they aren't offensive in nature you can get a waiver. Several prior pilots, such as myself, have half sleeves and various other "art".