• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SOCOM hints at 6.8mm - end of 6.5mm Creedmoor?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

"...the Lightweight Machine Gun – Assault is currently on hold, pending the US Army’s Next Generation Squad Weapon program which promises to field a carbine and automatic rifle (think Squad Automatic Weapon) in a new 6.8mm cartridge offering similar ballistic parameters to the commercial 270 Win Mag. "

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
What is that weapon? Thats not your issue duty gun... Looks like a M&P
Correct...it’s the S&W M&P 9mm that was being tested by the Cincinnati Police back in 2005 or 2006. The only reason I was shooting it was because I was at the CPD range practicing with my issued S&W 5946 9mm following court...the CPD range instructors asked me if I wanted to try the M&P so I tried it...and I still sucked...gee, imagine that. ?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Wouldn't that be a .45LC? Honest question, as my understanding is that the West wasn't won with the .45ACP.
You are correct. The far west...as in the Philippines was won with the ACP but the long colt won the wild, Wild West.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
9mm is a girls gun. Real men Robot from the future shoot .45.
FIFY