• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO IFS In Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
how come the wait for classing up is so long? shouldn't they close down the pipeline to new applicants until it thins out some? Seems to me it is more effective to tell kids applying "no" than pay them to sit around. Though if they want to give me the chance to study beforehand, I guess I will make the most of it.

cesteele

I believe that NFO IFS has been temporarily shut down due to lack of funds. It may come around again after the Fiscal Year.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
VetteMuscle427 said:
how come the wait for classing up is so long? shouldn't they close down the pipeline to new applicants until it thins out some? Seems to me it is more effective to tell kids applying "no" than pay them to sit around. Though if they want to give me the chance to study beforehand, I guess I will make the most of it.

As it is, the Navy is selecting far fewer SNAs and SNFOs, especially out of ROTC, than they did in the past...

You have to remember, the Navy is having to spend a lot of time not only in training younguns like us, but also transitioning guys from the fleet into new platforms. And with the number of aircraft that are going out of service, it's going to be interesting...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
TurnandBurn55 said:
As it is, the Navy is selecting far fewer SNAs and SNFOs, especially out of ROTC, than they did in the past...

You have to remember, the Navy is having to spend a lot of time not only in training younguns like us, but also transitioning guys from the fleet into new platforms. And with the number of aircraft that are going out of service, it's going to be interesting...

With the excess of aviators, what are the chances of doing a sea tour and then transitioning into another job, like CEC?

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
I think your chances of getting a latteral to CEC would be good if the excess of aviators continued and you are not in a critical year group. I heard that the CEC is grabbing anyone they can with a related degree.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
FSUMIDN said:
I think your chances of getting a latteral to CEC would be good if the excess of aviators continued and you are not in a critical year group. I heard that the CEC is grabbing anyone they can with a related degree.

Thanks for the info. I really want to do a tour w/ CEC before I leave service, as I am looking to a career in engineering when I get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.