• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA Vision Requirements

JodFour

I understand all that, and I know it would be foolish to decline the opportunity, so I wont. My recruiter did however tell me my vision was fine for SNA after I told her it was 20/100. So she is either dangerously misinformed or she lied on that part. There isn't anything I can do about this now except make sure she understands that she was wrong so she doesn't do this to someone else. Thank you for the information.

YeRok

I understand all that, and I know it would be foolish to decline the opportunity, so I wont. My recruiter did however tell me my vision was fine for SNA after I told her it was 20/100. So she is either dangerously misinformed or she lied on that part. There isn't anything I can do about this now except make sure she understands that she was wrong so she doesn't do this to someone else. Thank you for the information.
I think my vision is quite shit. This is late but did you get in as SNA? I want to know if it's even worth getting LASIK if I'll just get denied for Pilot slot.

Meyerkord

pilot
I think my vision is quite shit. This is late but did you get in as SNA? I want to know if it's even worth getting LASIK if I'll just get denied for Pilot slot.
Do you have 20/40 vision? Can it be corrected to 20/20? If not, then you won't be an SNA without some sort of vision correction procedure. The 20/100 is just plain wrong.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You need 20/40 or better uncorrected vision. If not you will need to consider LASIK assuming you are a qualified candidate for it.

YeRok

You need 20/40 or better uncorrected vision. If not you will need to consider LASIK assuming you are a qualified candidate for it.
Talked to recruiter about an eye exam, my last exam (2017) tested Left Eye 20/200, Right Eye 20/100. I remember my eye doctor saying I would be a "good candidate" for LASIK... I hope I can get a waiver for this...

exNavyOffRec

Talked to recruiter about an eye exam, my last exam (2017) tested Left Eye 20/200, Right Eye 20/100. I remember my eye doctor saying I would be a "good candidate" for LASIK... I hope I can get a waiver for this...

There are pre-op vision requirements, it goes by diopters, so even if you get LASIK and then have perfect vision but were outside the pre-op requirements you are not qualified, you need to talk to your recruiter about that.