• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA/NFOs awaiting flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

I will be commissioned through ROTC in May and am looking for some recommendations for TAD assignments while I wait for my API class to convene. Is it a good idea to check in early at Pensacola, go home to recruiting duty, serve as a division officer at Great Lakes boot camp, or stay at my ROTC unit? What kind of work do you actually do at these TAD assignments? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Nicholas

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, if they still work it like they did when I was there, you won't do jack while you await API to start. Muster in the morning and the rest of the day is yours. Work out, go swim, have a little ciesta, put down a few cold ones in the late afternoon/evening. Yes, times were good.

--Steve Wilkins

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nicholas,

There would be guys stashed at VT6 and the rest of the Primary squadrons, and even the HTs that would be assistant PAO (and other gopher duties), but they had short work days, and plenty of exposure as Matt mentioned, to what was coming up.

But as Steve said, some of the best time has been the pool waits between training, the free time off to decompress and have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.