• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA attrite to ANG CSO

farsightusf

Hello all,

First time caller and longtime listener here. I am a recent attright from flight school (SNA) and I was wondering if anyone here could point me towards the ANG or AF regs on eligibility for CSO/ABM. Looking at all my options facing possible separation.

Thanks!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
There was a Marine SNA who got the boot from Kingsville five years ago for integrity issues who is now in the guard flying F-16s out of TUS. So unless you murdered someone or beat your girl/boyfriend, you shouldn't have a problem getting a chance to fly in the guard.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a Marine SNA who got the boot from Kingsville five years ago for integrity issues who is now in the guard flying F-16s out of TUS. So unless you murdered someone or beat your girl/boyfriend, you shouldn't have a problem getting a chance to fly in the guard.
Interesting. The TUS Guard unit exclusively trains foreign nationals in the Viper. I was always told you didn't get hired by TUS unless you had tons of instruction time, in the Viper, preferably. Cant imagine an attrited SNA going to the TUS unit.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Is that the same guy who flew for an ‘air combat school’ after getting the boot?

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
Not to be a complete ass, but who is this sna's daddy?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor

What were the integrity issues? I heard the CO had it out for him due to personal issues or something.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Interesting. The TUS Guard unit exclusively trains foreign nationals in the Viper. I was always told you didn't get hired by TUS unless you had tons of instruction time, in the Viper, preferably. Cant imagine an attrited SNA going to the TUS unit.
I lost track of the dude when he left the squadron and MATSG in 2013. His name was brought up among some friends of mine who were in the squadron when a picture of the dude appeared from 2016 of him winging in Vance with a "leadership award" in T-38s. One of my buddies asked around and found out he was going to TUC to fly F-16s. I took that as fact. He was seen at Miramar a few months ago doing DACT. A quick google search of the dude's name shows him at a F-16 Guard unit in FL so I can't be for certain where he is now.
Is that the same guy who flew for an ‘air combat school’ after getting the boot?
I seem to recall hearing that but I'm not sure.
What were the integrity issues? I heard the CO had it out for him due to personal issues or something.
I suppose I'd be pissed off as well if I told an SNA he was attriting and the SNA lawyers up and calls in an IG. There were a lot of rumors floating around about the issue. I can't remember if it was the BFM or ACM stage he failed but he never made it to CQ. I only flew with the dude once so I didn't know his flying issues other than what was in his training jacket but I was well aware of the administrative issues.

S/F

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I suppose I'd be pissed off as well if I told an SNA he was attriting and the SNA lawyers up and calls in an IG. There were a lot of rumors floating around about the issue. I can't remember if it was the BFM or ACM stage he failed but he never made it to CQ. I only flew with the dude once so I didn't know his flying issues other than what was in his training jacket but I was well aware of the administrative issues.
S/F

What I heard -- and this is pure scuttlebutt -- is that prior to requesting the Article 138, the CO threatened the SNA over something unrelated to flying, the SNA requested mast with the Wing and transfer to another squadron but was ultimately left in the same squadron. And then like a month later the CO slaps a FPC on the kid for "safety" reasons. Supposedly the worst thing he did was put a tire in the dirt on a narrow taxiway and drop a seat pin. We had a guy in my fleet squadron go through the 138 process shortly after, so I remember him researching this and talking to the guy. I'm just a knuckle dragging rotorhead, but I always found this story intriguing.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What I heard -- and this is pure scuttlebutt -- is that prior to requesting the Article 138, the CO threatened the SNA over something unrelated to flying, the SNA requested mast with the Wing and transfer to another squadron but was ultimately left in the same squadron. And then like a month later the CO slaps a FPC on the kid for "safety" reasons. Supposedly the worst thing he did was put a tire in the dirt on a narrow taxiway and drop a seat pin. We had a guy in my fleet squadron go through the 138 process shortly after, so I remember him researching this and talking to the guy. I'm just a knuckle dragging rotorhead, but I always found this story intriguing.

I’ve found in my ever increasing amount of time in the Navy there is almost always ‘more to the story’ than the subject of adverse action will claim there is, from flight school attrites to Captain’s Mast. I even got to hear both sides of the story as a transition going through flight school, where the student rumor mill said a stud was attrtited for one or more supposed reasons but the instructors would sometimes fill me in on ‘the rest of the story’.