• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I stay or should I go? Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love HSC.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Hans Gruber approves of this threadjack.

giphy.gif

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The Navy’s RFP for FFG(X) requests a design that would embark 1x MH-60R and 1x MQ-8C.

Does that mean HSM will now get UAVs? It might make sense to bring ~4 Romeo pilots on the frigate, and rotate them between the Romeo and Firescout.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The Navy’s RFP for FFG(X) requests a design that would embark 1x MH-60R and 1x MQ-8C.

Does that mean HSM will now get UAVs? It might make sense to bring ~4 Romeo pilots on the frigate, and rotate them between the Romeo and Firescout.
HSM had UAVs for a hot minute.

Not sure if LCS ASW module is still a thing but the AVDET for that mission module was a 60R+MQ-8.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I missed something. I thought they were going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear by reprograming the LCS hull into a FF. Is this new build to augment that plan or has the LCS-FF been shelved?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I guess I missed something. I thought they were going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear by reprograming the LCS hull into a FF. Is this new build to augment that plan or has the LCS-FF been shelved?
FFG(X) came from that plan but became its own thing. Two of the initial competitors were modifications of the existing LCS designs but I believe LM has withdrawn from the competition.

BarryD

Contributor
I heard that HSM-35 is going to dump their MQ-8s on HSC.

I’m kinda lost due to the 10000th change in CONOPS for LCS and Firescout.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

You would still need 6 aviators for a 2-plane det, even if the second plane isn't manned.

I heard that HSM-35 is going to dump their MQ-8s on HSC.

That happened about 4+ years ago.