• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I retake the ASTB for Marine OCS

Cougars15

Hi guys I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something. I applied to OCS under a Ground Contract last year (honestly my scores were horrible). Now I've readdressed and changed my life so I can be a competitive applicant. 15 pounds less and in a new environment will hopefully do me better in the long run. Anyway I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something. I am considering retaking the ASTB for an NFO contract. I've taken it twice and improved each time but I'm scared to take it a third time since it would be my last. My first score was 4/1/3 and my second score was 5/3/5. What are your thoughts? Should stick to Ground?

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
If you are considering sticking with ground, then you don't stand to lose anything by taking it a third time. At TBS they'll ask who wants to compete for the competitive flight contracts and some people will take the ASTB there. If I remember correctly, it wasn't the best testing environment. Had a pretty long day before hand and another long day coming up, but they took the ASTB once everyone else was secured for the day and hanging out.