• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shave chit affecting flight status?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The Navy times sites two studies that were conducted by the Naval Safety Center - one in 2016 and one in 2018. Anyone have those/can post them? I couldn't find them on the Naval Safety Center's website, and since the results of the study don't match my experiences like many in this thread, I'd like to read up on the details on how this conclusion was reached.*

*This isn't necessarily to discredit the survey, but to understand how they arrived at the conclusion. I was ready to waive the BS flag against the e-Cig ban until I found out that exploding batteries, although rare, were a real thing and would not mix with the ubiquitous amount of high voltage electrical panels and electronic equipment found strewn about a US warship. Then when my Sailors bitched about the new policy, I could tell them what to look for on youtube.

PS: This reasoning for the facial hair ban is still a red herring when it comes to Sailors stationed at most shore commands commands.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PS: This reasoning for the facial hair ban is still a red herring when it comes to Sailors stationed at most shore commands commands.

Is it though? It's all about uniformity. Imagine if we had a group of sailors that wore some sort of blue coverall, and then another large group of personnel in a different place wearing some sort of green coverall, and then another huge group of people co-located with both of the other groups who wore a THIRD type of bizarrely colored camouflage. Oh, and then a FOURTH, smaller group of people wearing a DIFFERENT color of camoflage and some sort of moisture wicking shirt as their uniform. It would be absolute chaos and there's no way the Navy would be able to maintain good order and discipline for 18+ years of conflict.

Next thing you'll be advocating is we construct targeted PPE that matches specific mission areas.