• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Share stories, Far afield?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not too far afoul but unexpected, especially for the era. NFO to airline pilot, with a side gig in law enforcement aviation. I had every expectation staying in the Navy as a NFO, but an opportunity presented itself and I was off to the races. Now retired from a major airline I work for my wife helping her run her law firm. The admin I hated as a JO, is now my life,

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I'll bite. Theater lighting and sound designer. Went on tour with everything from rock n roll bands to the ballet, did some stuff met some cool people and a lot of assholes. Also was a pro hockey referee (still am), and a sailing pro at a marina. The USMC and the ANG and flying was never in my initial plan.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Ironically I'm the sorority version of this. Did you do Field Camp?
Yeppers…did field camp in northern Georgia just south of Chattanooga, TN during the summer of 1985. Looking back, geology field camp was a nice warm-up to SERE.