• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SF 86/ Background Investigation completion time

sjwarburton

Hey guys, this is my first ever post on this. This seems like an awesome online community and I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s perspective on here.

So I’m trying to become a Naval aviator, I’ve gone to MEPS, took the ASTB, and submitted my signed SF86 about two weeks ago.
How long did it take you guys to hear back on that?Specifically, how long does it take for the background investigation to finish?

Not a big deal, but I’m aching to finish getting everything in so I can send my packet in front of one of the next selection boards.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It may take a while, depending on what community you go to. Not something you really need to worry about. You’ll be contacted when they’re ready to do the interview.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys, this is my first ever post on this. This seems like an awesome online community and I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s perspective on here.

So I’m trying to become a Naval aviator, I’ve gone to MEPS, took the ASTB, and submitted my signed SF86 about two weeks ago.
How long did it take you guys to hear back on that?Specifically, how long does it take for the background investigation to finish?

Not a big deal, but I’m aching to finish getting everything in so I can send my packet in front of one of the next selection boards.

This is a great question to ask your recruiter.

You need an “open” clearance not an adjudicated in order to apply? Don’t make sense, see my first paragraph.,,