• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

How does service selection work at the Yard? I thought they just did it off of class rank but then I heard you have interviews with the respective service/job that you would like to go to. Thanks.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I know that only 1/6 of the class is allowed to enter the Marine Corps, so there are some interviews to determine who will get one of those spots. If you're interested in going SEALs, you'll have to compete with all the other hopefuls in some screening tests and interviews for one of the 16 (not sure, but i think that's correct) SEAL spots available. If you wanna go subs, you need to go to interviews in Washington,DC with the nuke people in order to get into the program. I don't know about any of the other service selections, but I'm sure someone else can chime in here.

petescheu

viv hit most of it. Special selections (ie SPEC WAR, SPEC OPS, Marines, Med Corps, Intel, Crypto, etc) require special selection processes. For the majority, however, that go Subs (need that Nuke interview with Head of Naval Reactors I think it is), SWO, Pilot, NFO, etc, big things they look at are grades, the ASTB for pilots and NFOs, and an interview you have with 3 or 4 officers on the yard, one of whom is a senior officer from the community you'd like to enter. Grades count the most, and when I say grades I mean your overall order of merit, to include academics and military (military has a lot, ie PE classes, the PRT, Conduct, Performance, etc). That's about it though, nothing real cosmic.

petescheu

Oh yeah, and don't go swo... all my friends that went SWO hate their lives right now. No offense to any swo pappas or mammas on the board, but that just ain't somethin I'd want to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.