• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

serious happening in the "navy family"

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum, but since this is all part of the "navy family", i thought it might be.

there is a navy captain named "SWOSANITY" who hangs out on sailorbob.com that had a horrible tragedy happen to him. his son-in-law shot his daughter in virginia beach a few days ago and then tried to commit suicide. they both survived so far but she's going to be blind and paralyzed. they are taking a collection by paypal on sailorbob.com to help with the medical and legal expenses (grandchild custody).

http://www.sailorbob.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=76

here is the article:
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/07/husband-shot-beach-home-friday-serious-condition-wife-still-critical

since probably few have accounts on sailorbob, someone might want to repost the specific info on the collection here. i could, but i don't want to do anything inappropriate here so some moderator should tell me if i should.

i haven't ever done this before, so moderators, delete this message this if it is inappropriate, or you can move someplace else.

LivinMyDream

pilot
A savings account named "Kendra Johnson Fund" has been established at NFCU. From what the rep told me, I believe you can just walk in to any NFCU and make a deposit into the account by name.

For wire transfers, the account number is 3014797462. NFCU routing # is 2560-7497-4.

This is a legitimate cause, and one that many in the Virginia Beach area have heard about no doubt. The CAPT in question is having a tremendously tough time, and needs his daughter in your prayers. Good luck to the family, for they have difficult times ahead.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
DSL1990, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I emailed sailorbob, and asked to confirm the details, so we can spread the word here on Air Warriors. And, if they want us to post it here also.

There is nothing inappropriate about this, there is a strong tradition in all the military services of taking care of their own, and raising money to support those in need. The problem is, and always has been, getting the word out.

Prayers to SWOSANITY and his family.

John

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Just curious. Why is it inappropriate to donate/support someone in the military going through a very tragic time in their life? Motbaille they do still teach sailors to always look out for and protect their shipmates? If not I hope its stressed in OCS when you go.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Just curious. Why is it inappropriate to donate/support someone in the military going through a very tragic time in their life?

nothing at all. i just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post this to AW since the notice went out on sailorbob. just don't know the protocol for these things. or if i could post bank details.

i'm glad to see that LivingMyDream posted the bank details.