• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Senioritis

zuggerat

Architectural History 1:15 - 2:40 ------ SKIP
Politics and Ideologies 4:25 - 5:50 ----- SKIP
Political and Economic Transitions to Democracy 6:00 - 9:00 ----- Hand in paper then SKIP

Sounds like a good day to me huh?

DoD give me something meaningful to do... please?

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
With a class lineup like that no wonder you were skipping them...at the max I would show up sh!thoused just so I would be entertained...

Kycntryboy

pilot
I promise you that high school will fly by, just have a blast and I kept a 3.8 gpa during senior year along with drinking and partying on school nights frequently. Stay up late and skip some classes (not a whole lot) and enjoy your last year of few responsibilities (and if you go to college and live in a dorm)- doing laundry without paying and showering without toe thongs.

Yes all that advice would have been good four years ago, when we were still in high school.

I'm surprised they haven't started to sell us medicine for it over the TV yet, they do for everything else (tired leg syndrome??? gmaf'n break). Oh well, 1 more semester to go after this. Then ... more school OCS..API...Primary...yati yata..War College

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Architectural History 1:15 - 2:40 ------ SKIP
Politics and Ideologies 4:25 - 5:50 ----- SKIP
Political and Economic Transitions to Democracy 6:00 - 9:00 ----- Hand in paper then SKIP

Sounds like a good day to me huh?

DoD give me something meaningful to do... please?

don't you love how eventually you justify skipping a class as doing something. Skip a class, wait around (theres the real work there) to skip the following class.

zuggerat

don't you love how eventually you justify skipping a class as doing something. Skip a class, wait around (theres the real work there) to skip the following class.

i dunno im pretty good at being completely unproductive ive had almost 4 years practice at it...

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
FlyGirl,

You wanna leave In-n-out burgers (animal style) and carne asada fries? I made the same mistake 4 yrs ago. I still tear up thinkin about it. If i could go back, i think i would have stayed in sd. Yea, i probably would have partied my tail off and played endless games at Dave 'n Busters but hey...you only live once :)

Ooooh, 8x8 Animal-style In-N-Out Burgers, ooo, and fries and neopolitan shakes. In fact I think I'll go have myself one right now.:D

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Little bit of background for a little bit of thread revival: I'm not really that into math. I should've never left poli sci. I'm only doing this major to hopefully open doors to TPS and NASA down the road. Again, not really into math. Neither is my GPA. Trying to squeeze two years of the upper division stuff into one in order to make a May '18 graduation target, because that's what I told the NRC before they PROREC'd me for SNA (whoops). I'm overloaded in a major I don't care for, and one that's particularly difficult. I'd like to think I have a good work ethic, but keeping my motivation levels up for this has not been easy. Suffice to say, the senioritis is strong with this one.

AW's that have been in a similar spot: how'd you pull it together and get through it? I know it I'll be alright in the end, I'm staying afloat. But any advice on how to lift spirits/keep motivation boosted would be appreciated.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Little bit of background for a little bit of thread revival: I'm not really that into math. I should've never left poli sci. I'm only doing this major to hopefully open doors to TPS and NASA down the road. Again, not really into math. Neither is my GPA. Trying to squeeze two years of the upper division stuff into one in order to make a May '18 graduation target, because that's what I told the NRC before they PROREC'd me for SNA (whoops). I'm overloaded in a major I don't care for, and one that's particularly difficult. I'd like to think I have a good work ethic, but keeping my motivation levels up for this has not been easy. Suffice to say, the senioritis is strong with this one.

AW's that have been in a similar spot: how'd you pull it together and get through it? I know it I'll be alright in the end, I'm staying afloat. But any advice on how to lift spirits/keep motivation boosted would be appreciated.
Hockey and booze, followed by dancing with fat chicks at the local honky tonk...rodeo on the weekend, more fat chicks and booze...
Wait, was that just my college experience?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hockey and booze, followed by dancing with fat chicks at the local honky tonk...rodeo on the weekend, more fat chicks and booze...
Wait, was that just my college experience?

No, that was also the Vance AFB experience.

sickboy

pilot

Yup, sucked it up and powered through. Had to take half a victory lap to repeat one of my classes for my major during the summer. If you're like me, you'll be burnt out by the time it's over, but you'll still be happy you finished it.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

Agreed with mikwat in terms of being able to power through things you don't like (I was an Econ major at the Academy and off the top of my head, I pretty much hated chemistry, calc 3, and naval architecture, although I did enjoy physics, systems engineering, and thermodynamics, for what that's worth)... But, if you hate that stuff, what makes you think you'd enjoy it if/when you got to TPS or NASA?

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Agreed with mikwat in terms of being able to power through things you don't like (I was an Econ major at the Academy and off the top of my head, I pretty much hated chemistry, calc 3, and naval architecture, although I did enjoy physics, systems engineering, and thermodynamics, for what that's worth)... But, if you hate that stuff, what makes you think you'd enjoy it if/when you got to TPS or NASA?

I don't hate it innately, I hate the idea of doing math for math's sake, which is basically what my life consists of for the time being. In terms of TPS/NASA, the math that I understand they'll be throwing at students/test pilots is calculus and numerical stuff, which I've done so much of at this point that it's more of a nuisance than a challenge. Additionally, it'd hypothetically be math in conjunction with and in relation to flying - not hours upon hours of proofs and computations that are meaningless and worthless once I've handed them in.