• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection for OCS from enlisted navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxjptwo

I am returning to the Navy after a nearly 4 year break. I received my bachelors in economics, but was turned down for a commission (SWO, NFO, Supply were my choices). I am now re-entering as an E, and wanted to know how I go about applying to OCS.

Steve, as you are an SWO currently, can you give me any advise re this?

Thanks in advance.

Callous

JKD

Once you get to your command, talk to your Command Career Counselor (CCC). He or she should be able to get you down the right path.

You will need approval from your CO to apply. This will require a "getting to know you" phase. Do your job, and do it well. Volunteering for additional duties could also help (Training/Safety PO).

(and take all this with a grain of salt - I'm still working on the process myself...)

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
go to www.bupers.navy.mil and go to instructions and the officer programs application is there

digger

There is a speed limit when taxing officer?
Do your job and do it better than anyone else in your pay grade at your permanent command. Find Command collateral duties, everyone who checks in sees me and must be certified before being released from indoctrination. Volunteer for the jobs that no one else wants to do. Now this is just my opinion but I cannot imagine a command endorsing a package for someone who just checked in; that is a long time they are going to have to gap a billet.

Here is the link for the new OPNAV
http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/1420.htm

"Those people who tell you not to take chances
They are all missing on what life is about" -James Hetfield

HecLriv

There is a new one out, it is 1420.1a just in case you want the latest info. I am currently in the process of applying, one thing I recommend is patience...

On the checking into a command an applying I would have to say that there is no requirement as far as time on board on a current command before applying. That is what I plan to do becuase I am ready to get out of my current command and if I apply now I would only get stuck waiting for a response. Your service record dictates whether you are a "high-speed" sailor or just average, the board and the command can see that. I have seen at least two individuals get picked for officer programs out of "A" school, what have they contributed to the Navy?

sxjptwo, go ahead and submit the only thing they can say is no; right?

kabttu

I know this isn't fully related, but I have a similar question.
I'm currently enlisted in the Naval Reserves and graduate from college in May. I'm interested in applying for OCS once I'm graduated. I'm just confused on what the best way to apply is, I've been told that I can apply through an officer recruiter or through my command. Is one way more preferrable than the other? If I can apply through my command I figure that may possible help since I actually drill in Millington and maybe someone of the LOR's and interviews I may have might be people the board actually know. Thanks for any advice

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.