• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Board asked for clarification...

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinfalnes

CNRC just aske that I submit an explanation of why I am graduating in May, but listed August as my date available for training. (That's right, I'm applying for BDCP for what is effectively one semester, but my recruiter didn't seem to think that was an issue) Basically, i want to work at a summer camp and/or take some math and science classes that weren't required for my degree, but i think will serve me in the Navy. I also told them I would be willing to report right after graduation if it would affect my selection.

To me, this means that they are actually considering my applcation, and I think that means I can expect to hear anytime how----or not. Who really knows? Anyone here have a similar experience?

I selected INTEL/SWO/Crypto.. does the selection process for BDCP candidates who require background checks slow down the pro rec or the final process?

Thanks guys...hope to see some of you down in Pensacola eventually

version2point0

you can find in other threads that the background check doesnt happen until you are actually at OCS. the investigation occurs during your thirteen weeks in pensacola during which time, if they have any questions about your background, they will ask because they know exactly where you are. also, you arent going to hear one way or the other wihtout an explanation, so id say get your letter in ASAP. in your letter you might want to say things like "i feel i would be a better officer for the navy if you would allow me the extra time to achieve some mathmatical goals" or something like that. (my words are copywritten so make up your own :)) but also be very clear that you are willing to go to OCS the day after your graduation if the selection board is not satisfied with your reasons.

-v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.