• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selected by the board but age waiver denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

1devildoc

Here's one that's a little hard to swallow. My husband was selected by the board for a pilots spot, but his age waiver didn't go through, so he is out. An entire year of work for nothing. My husband's entire command and our district is up in arms. When my husband talked to the head of MCRC today he said it was do to older guys failing out of flight school. All I can say is the Marine Corps made a HUGE mistake, because my husband would have made an excellent pilot. Anyone else in a similar situation or have any advice?

Joe Frank

1devildoc;
I would like to know how old also because like your husband I also was turned down. They did not say if it was for my age though, and they are giving me another shot at class 185.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Joe,

Your bio says you are 23. If this is accurate than you have nothing to worry about in the age dept. Age limit is 27 and 1/2.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
We had a brief last Friday and they mentioned it. Supposedly the numbers were "1 in 4 age waivers complete the program."

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Devildoc,

Sorry to hear that. It's kinda stupid that they accepted him and then denied his waiver. Should have either denied both or accepted both.

Jboomer,

Did they say why EXACTLY they attrited? I got an age waiver, granted I only recently turned 28 and am just barely over the mark. I'm confident I will complete the program but curious as to what specifically (poor memory, not able to grasp new skills, etc.) their problems were.

Peace,

-Spin

CandKyMarine

1devildoc--
I'm confused. All waivers are either approved or denied BEFORE a candidate's final package is sent to the board. He can't be selected then denied. He may have QUALIFIED but not have been accepted due to age, but the board doesn't select someone then reverse their decision.

topher1235

His and a group of other waivers were delayed while the board was selecting applicants. They were selected by the board in out district (12) and then sent to HQMC for sign off. While at HQMC the waivers were not approved by the General.

reapergm

Im not gonna lie, that sucks. Getting told that you're good to go, then told that youre not!.. Thats worse than just getting rejected. Sorry to your husband. Is he considering ground? Im sure the waiver will be good for that.

akmoon

He could always go Army and fly helos. I think their age limit is like 29 or something. Don't quote me on it, but I think that's what I've heard in the past.

perchul

I'd hate to say this but CandkyMarine is to my knowledge correct.In order to reach selection all of an applicants waivers already have to be approved. It sounds like the board would of accepted him if he wasn't as old as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.