• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Secret Squirrel Activity

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Hmm...a KC-135 takes off from Beale (where the 940th Air Refueling Wing is), does what looks like a big tanker track, and then goes to the OKC-ALC, where the KC-135 depot is. Yes....very odd and suspicious indeed.

Even if it was an E-6...same non-remarkable story.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
People freak out often when they spot a TACAMO on one of the flight-tracking websites. I'm not sure why people want so badly to believe it has a mysterious/nefarious mission.

azguy

None
I thought Mil didn't show on flight tracking sites.

Curious about this as well. USN ships don't broadcast (with very few exceptions) into AIS, making the open source world unable to see where we are or to track us back historically. I'm not that smart on transponders, but how would an open source website be able to look back and see a track (with c/s) on a .mil flight?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
My wing's helicopters always were, but they were delayed by 15 minutes I believe. When squawking 1200, just based on speed, it often confused us for a Cessna / Piper though.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
2014-12-derek-zoolander12.0.jpeg

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
You're obviously part of the coverup. Your denial of any nefarious doings only makes it more obvious that the government was spraying anti-pot spray over Colorado.

You hear that? That's the sound of black helicopters coming for you.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I thought Mil didn't show on flight tracking sites.
Curious about this as well. USN ships don't broadcast (with very few exceptions) into AIS, making the open source world unable to see where we are or to track us back historically. I'm not that smart on transponders, but how would an open source website be able to look back and see a track (with c/s) on a .mil flight?
My guess would be that they're showing up via ADS-B, which is basically AIS for airplanes. It's gonna be mandatory for aircraft operating in nearly all US airspace by 2020, and it's unencrypted, which is why those sites can pick it up.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
My guess would be that they're showing up via ADS-B, which is basically AIS for airplanes. It's gonna be mandatory for aircraft operating in nearly all US airspace by 2020, and it's unencrypted, which is why those sites can pick it up.

Bingo.

azguy

None

Does ADS-B = Mode S?

I assume that if a/c are participating in sensitive training missions in CONUS that they can secure this ADS-B broadcast(?)