• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SAT scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchul

Does anyone know how heavily the Marine Corps weighs SAT scores? I qualified for pilot and I'm pretty far down the line in the application process; I'm wondering whether my SAT score is going to help me or hurt me....all I know about is that you need to 1000 to be elgible.

farkle84

if you have a 1000 on the SAT. good for you. you are in. just keep up your hard work at TBS and Flight School. good luck

perchul

well I'm actually hoping that my SAT score will help more if its somewhat well over 1000 or whether its just important that its meets 1000...I pretty much need it to aid me because of a low gpa

farkle84

the OSO looks at a variety of thinks, not just your GPA and SAT. he or she looks at you as a person and your personality. so dont be too worried about grades and SAT. if you have a really good SAT score thats great. and hopefully you have above a 2.5 cum GPA

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I didn't even take the SAT, but took the ACT. What about the ASVAB? I took it in like 9th grade and I have no idea what I made on it. Will any of this hurt me when time for the application progress?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

topher1235

ASVAB(Armed Services Vocational Battery) it's pretty much used to determine what you qualify for MOS wise if yoiu are enlisting. I took it because I didn't want to order my SAT scores (ASAB's free). It's out of 99 and I believe you need a 70 or above if you use it instead of the SAT/ACT. It shouldn't hurt you, but ask your OSO about it. They give a different ASVAB to high school studetns, I've heard.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by EA-6B1
I didn't even take the SAT, but took the ACT. What about the ASVAB? I took it in like 9th grade and I have no idea what I made on it. Will any of this hurt me when time for the application progress?

SAT isn't required. . at least it wasn't a few years back. SAT or ACT or ASVAB is required. I only took the ACT--all was good. You can check with your OSO to be sure.

davidsin

SAT is not required at Rainman said. However you have to score above 115 on the EL section on your ASVAB or score above 1000 on your SAT.

-------------------------
Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.