• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sample marine OCS 100 word essay.

delvecchi088

Here is what I wrote thus far for my 100 word essay required for my ocs application. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

There are more reasons than 100 words can disclose as to why I want to be an officer in the Marine Corps. In short, it is to make a difference for my country and the men and women I serve with. I wish to take my knowledge and life experiences to lead and inspire these individuals to be the best person and Marine that they can be despite whatever challenges they may face. The values instilled upon Marines are invaluable and are the values of which I desire to live by and lead by.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Get rid of the first sentence; it is BS fluff. Get rid of the In short as well. Use the space to expound on your next two sentences. How are you going to make a difference? How are you going to make someone a better Marine when you aren't one yet yourself? Do not describe values as invaluable. That doesn't make sense. Also work on the flow of the last sentence.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Get rid of the first sentence; it is BS fluff. Get rid of the In short as well. Use the space to expound on your next two sentences. How are you going to make a difference? How are you going to make someone a better Marine when you aren't one yet yourself? Do not describe values as invaluable. That doesn't make sense. Also work on the flow of the last sentence.
I agree

Also, your 3rd sentence is really long, especially for such a short essay; I would break it up into 2 sentences.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
"Yut Yut...Debbil Dawg, Semper Yut. Oorah, Yut. Kill, Yut, Kill. Semper kill, Semper Yut, Semper Oorah, Yut; Kill; Yut. Green Weenie, silkies, Yut. MRE's, sand fleas, Iwo Jima Yut. Slay pigs, silkies, high and tight, kill then Yut.

Olongapo, Yut; Australia, Yut Yut; Okinawa, less Yut; Tampa, Semper Yut."

Hope that helps.
Pickle