• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Safe For Solo Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOSWO

Naval Aviator, MH-60S Knighthawk
I have heard rumors of a good study guide for this test that is right on the money...anyone know where I can find it? Thanks...

Rainman

pilot
Ask around the squadron; I'm sure you can find it. I thought the best gouge was the class itself. The test is really easy (assuming you know your course rules, etc.) The exam doesn't count for anything; just got to pass. The exam is pretty much on the FWOP; specifically Areas 1 & 2 and discontinued entries and delta patterns. . .

One question that throw some people is com failure while in the pattern @ Evergreen/SAufley. . .Answer is to land full stop to troublshoot on the ground. Also know all the solo weather and wind limits.

NOSWO

Naval Aviator, MH-60S Knighthawk
I just took the test on WED, you are right, it was a joke. Only tricky question was about if you are heading to Evergreen and they are in the Delta, answer was to wait untill they resumed normal ops, but one of the distractors was to go to a back up field...other than that was straight out of the FWOP like you said.....

bryanweatherup

B.W.
pilot
Check out my C4390 gouge at www.bryanweatherup.com. It has all the stuff you need - EP's, FTI verbiage, etc. all in a nice format.

Status
Not open for further replies.