• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
Hey guys,

This is my first post. Great to be here. I'm BDCP applying for SNA/INTEL, waiting for my score back from my 2nd. test (paper version). In the mean time i'm trying to beef up for the PRT. Sit-ups good, for push-ups i'll use that program posted earlier, and running is the advice i'm looking for. I'm just somewhere over 12:00 for the 1.5 mile and wanted a good month long program to get it down a minute. Thanks!

jbasgall1

The best thing to do for running is double the distance you want to run. Instead of a 1.5 do 3 miles on a constant bases. If you can work towards 5 miles even better. For speed try running inclines to build up your leg endurance. Also make your runs outside when you can. Different levels of humidity and temp greatly effect performance. Put on a heavy backpack and try that. Hit some of the running websites for more info.

Borncreole

Train like you fight. If you are working on the run for the PRT then you need to do the PRT every so often, once every other week or every week. This will test how you do after the push-ups and sit-ups. Concur with jasbas on the distance but I wouldn't wear a backpack. There are some tricks to help out if you are not a good runner. Form pays off a lot. If you are running with your hands clenched in a fist, stop. Keep your hands loose. Hip to heart, that is a good motion for the arm swing. Breathing deep breath in two breaths out. If you get side splints (after drinking water or whatever) slow breath in and one sharp forceful breath out. For stride Heel to toe. Use the full range of your stride. Hit the heel and pivit out on the toe (if you are hearing your feet 'slap' the ground you are not going heel to toe). If you are starting out and dont run much you might want to keep a Mon/Wed/Fri thing going. Start with 1.5 each day, then bump it a half mile each week or every 2 depending on your progress. If you start to hard to fast and often you will probably develop shin splints so progression is the key. once you are at 3 mls M/W/F start woking in sprints once a week. This will be wear you will make some big gains on your time. Good luck.

CavemanOgg

Punk said:
that's the thing I do when someone is chasing me with a bat

This sort of thing happen often?.... do you get chased by bat wielding instructors in Kingsville.....

Status
Not open for further replies.