• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Roger Ball, good and not-so-good questions about the world of "Paddles"

Renegade One

None
I had a spectacularly bad OPSO (1320) during my first cruise. He didn't like that I brought the family wagon in for a very mild SH one afternoon (more...). He shit all over me in the debrief.
I think the harshest de-brief I ever gave my pilot when I was a RIO was "Shit hot..." That was occasionally followed by a "Check lights off" call if we both knew it wasn't really all that shit hot...

Why do cheeseburgers never taste quite so sublime as after a hairy night at the boat? God's way of saying He loves us, I guess...

P.S.: Well played on the NAVFLIR thing...;)

ProwlerPilot

pilot
True.

I had a spectacularly bad OPSO (1320) during my first cruise. He didn't like that I brought the family wagon in for a very mild SH one afternoon. Good pattern, good start to in the middle and then I quit at the ramp and pulled out the 1 for a fair (with the gracious upgrade). No power calls, no cut lights - nothing scary, just got low over the steel. He shit all over me in the debrief. I went back into mx control and adjusted my NAVFLIR - specifically removing the "Y" from his landing code column.

A week or so later he came up to me and told me I had screwed up my NAVFLIR.... I informed him that I had, in fact, filled it out correctly. If he didn't like the pass that much, I didn't want him to have to remember it. :cool:

Wow... that seems so out of character for you! :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The chicken/cheese quesadilla is the new slider.
Or the omelette/breakfast sandwich with plenty of bacon, followed up with a couple chocolate chip cookies with cookies & cream ice cream in between. Technique only.

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Or the omelette/breakfast sandwich with plenty of bacon, followed up with a couple chocolate chip cookies with cookies & cream ice cream in between. Technique only.

Unless of course the wardroom is taking the tactic of "Everyone eats the chocolate chip cookies so fast, we aren't making them anymore. Now we only make oatmeal rasin so there are always some available." True story....

Pags

N/A
pilot
Unless of course the wardroom is taking the tactic of "Everyone eats the chocolate chip cookies so fast, we aren't making them anymore. Now we only make oatmeal rasin so there are always some available." True story....
Standard boat supply tricks...the diet cokes sure run out fast...well, it's too much trouble to keep them stocked so just fill those racks with strawberry soda.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
that sounds like standard boat buffoonery.

Renegade One

None
that sounds like standard boat buffoonery.
It's worse than that.
Me to clerk at the NS Subic Exchange: "Excuse me, ma'am, do you have any short sleeved khaki uniform shirts in medium size?"
Her: "No more. Cannot keep in stock. You get large and we tailor it, hokay? Only small charge."

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Doesn't apply in the T-45, but when you get to the Hornet/Rhino/Growler you'll be able to reference the glideslope needle on the ICLS as you're coming through the 90. It makes getting to an on and on start easier. And I have trouble seeing those damn cut lights too, even when I know they're coming.

On my last cruise, the mentality was that if you weren't using the ICLS as a way to back yourself up as you turned the corner, you were wrong.

Just don't forget, if there is dog in wardroom #1, it means the ICLS is down...