• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement COLA adjustment

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Did anyone else have their retirement pay bumped up in December? My googling says that the 8.7% wasn't supposed to happen until January, but my paycheck when up this today.

...or do we get pre-paid for pensions instead of post-paid, like on active duty?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did anyone else have their retirement pay bumped up in December? My googling says that the 8.7% wasn't supposed to happen until January, but my paycheck when up this today.

...or do we get pre-paid for pensions instead of post-paid, like on active duty?
I knew about the COLA increase for 2023, but have not looked at my deposits. As for the pre/post question, the answer is post.

exNavyOffRec

I believe this is the Jan deposit since Jan 1 is Sunday they move it up to the workday prior which would indicate we are pre-paid vice post paid.

I had just jumped on my online banking to look to see if a check cleared logged off, then saw this thread, which caused me to log in again.

By my math my overall amount (disability and retirement) went up 8.95%

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
so did active duty/non-retirees get this bump too? That's certainly a non zero good deal

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Are retirees paid on the 1st?
AD is 15th & last of the month, so we'll see our bump in two weeks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I believe this is the Jan deposit since Jan 1 is Sunday they move it up to the workday prior which would indicate we are pre-paid vice post paid.

That's the only answer I can come up with since it seems everyone here got the bump at the same time.

Are retirees paid on the 1st?
AD is 15th & last of the month, so we'll see our bump in two weeks.

On the 1st. So you have to budget out whatever toy you want to buy over the whole month! It's truly a sacrifice for this great nation.