• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restricted ATP Hour Requirements

Mirage

pilot
So, I am sure to get an R-ATP you need 250 hours FW PIC... but where does that requirement come from? I see it listed on most RTP websites, but it is not listed on some others (ExpressJet, for example). Additionally, FAR 61.160 (link below) makes it read like the only requirements for an RTP for us are to have 750 TT, have an honorable discharge, and have graduated military flight school. This in addition, of course, to passing the tests and such. FAR 61.159, which contains the 250 hours PIC requirement, is a different section of the law and shouldn't apply to us until we want/need an unrestricted ATP.

What am I missing? Please excuse my ignorance here... just pulling the thread and would like to understand this before embarking on this journey. Thanks for the help!