• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve to OCS question

BKS

I have been trying to google an answer for this, but can't seem to find any. If anyone has experience or knowledge about reserve to OCS, please help:

I am 24 years old, and recently received my green card. I am currently running a small business, I pay taxes and provide job opportunities to Americans, and I still feel that I am not contributing enough to this country.

I have always wanted to join the military, in high school I talked to a Marine recruiter but wasn't eligible due to my student visa so I went off to college and finished. Recently I have been talking to OSO recruiters, and they told me to enlist in the reserve first, once I finish my initial training (Boot camp + MOS school), I can submit a package for OCS.

My question is: OSO recruiter is telling me by enlisting reserve, as soon as finishing initial training, I can apply for OCS regardless of rank. If I go active enlist, I won't be eligible for OCS until reaching the rank of E-5 or above. Is this true? I know with my college degree I will be at least a PFC when finishing MOS school, or maybe even a Lance Corporal. Can I apply for OCS as a Reserve PFC? This just doesn't quite make sense.

I need to enlist first to get my US citizenship when I finish boot camp, which will give me eligibility for OCS.