• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog06

I am considering going into aviation via the BDCP program. I understand that there is a 7 year commitment after flight school. My question is, once you have completed your time, do you then have to be in the reserves, and if so for how long? How much do you make in the reserves and what exactly does it entail?

thanks

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
No, you don't have to remain in the reserves at the end of your commitment. I would check on your contract numbers, I still believe that it is wings plus 8 years. Consider that by the time you leave the service, you would have more then likely invested 10 or more years. Why not stay 10 more until retirement. You can remain in the IRR (Individual ready reserve) and work on PME to earn your points (no pay) until retirement. Chances are you will never be called up in the IRR but you are there if your country needs you. Paid billets in the reserves can be tedious and there is the chance of being called up. The reserves will take up more of the slack as the military becomes more streamlined. In the future, reservists more so then ever will be an integral part of this nations military. I've accepted that and can tell that a paid billet in the reserves is incredibly rewarding and allows you to break up the routine of every day life. Each person is different.
Go to the Naval Reserves or Marine Reserves web pages to view the pay charts for drills for reservists. Good luck. Semper Fly, Frumby

Status
Not open for further replies.