• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reporting aboard HSC-3

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Orders say to report aboard HSC-3 no later than 28JAN08

I have taken leave en-route and already checked out of the HT's... and am currently in Arizona on my drive to San Diego.

I still don't know where I'm going to live out there... and I'm pretty sure my class doesn't class up until the 28th. If I check in early, am I going to be able to take some house-hunting leave? Is HSC-3 just going to say "welcome aboard... see you on the 28th"? Or am I going to check-in and be standing duty all the time until I class up and not have time to run around finding an apartment? I have about 7 days of leave left I could eat up... but I'd rather not leave myself with ZERO days on the books, and check in early if it's likely I can get HouseHunting or at least an easy duty schedule until the end of the month.

Anyone with some inside knowledge... a new FRS stud out there... or someone?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Nothing but crickets, eh? I guess I'll check in when I get into town then...

Pags

N/A
pilot
you could try calling them and seeing what they say. i'm sure the SDO, who's probably a Cat I, could give you some gouge or at least point you to the right IP.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
... but I'd rather not leave myself with ZERO days on the books,
Even if you do, you'll have earned plenty more by the time you get a chance to use any again.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Orders say to report aboard HSC-3 no later than 28JAN08

I have taken leave en-route and already checked out of the HT's... and am currently in Arizona on my drive to San Diego.

I still don't know where I'm going to live out there... and I'm pretty sure my class doesn't class up until the 28th. If I check in early, am I going to be able to take some house-hunting leave? Is HSC-3 just going to say "welcome aboard... see you on the 28th"? Or am I going to check-in and be standing duty all the time until I class up and not have time to run around finding an apartment? I have about 7 days of leave left I could eat up... but I'd rather not leave myself with ZERO days on the books, and check in early if it's likely I can get HouseHunting or at least an easy duty schedule until the end of the month.

Anyone with some inside knowledge... a new FRS stud out there... or someone?

Maybe a little late, but you'll be entitled to HH LV on the front or back of a PCS move...so as long as you didn't take it out of the Orange and Whites, you'll be fine.

trvsmrtn

pilot
I don't know how it is out at 3, but myself and another guy checked into 2 and they seemed confused. Apparently they don't normally give HH and had to research whether we were even entitled to it.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I don't know how it is out at 3, but myself and another guy checked into 2 and they seemed confused. Apparently they don't normally give HH and had to research whether we were even entitled to it.

Interesting...as I know many of the instructors (and now students too) at HSC-2...

Usually, it is taken on the front of the PCS move (before packing up), but if you can't get it done before moving and it won't interfere with deployment (the FRS is a shore tour and it shouldn't be a factor) than you should get it. I can't see a command denying HH LV...It never happened when I was at HSC-26...

trvsmrtn

pilot
The confusion wasn't with the instructors, it was the YN's and the XO. Either they weren't accustomed to granting it or none of the students who showed up prior to us had requested it. I've got the old admin background to draw upon so I knew I what the entitlement was.