• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Regression

rdw

Hey guys. I had LASEK in mid March. My eyes were progressing uniformly and I achieved 20/20 about 40 days after surgery. Occasionally my right eye would get hazy, and sometimes not as sharp as my left eye. The few times this happened it never lasted longer than a day. The doc said it was just a side effect from the drops, though I didn't think so because my left eye never did it.

Just about a week ago (50+ days post surgery) my right eye slipped, and was noticeably less sharp than my left. I figured it was just doing what it had been doing, but it's now over a week later and it seems to have stabilized in that condition. I saw the doc yesterday, and was told fluctuations are normal in the 3 months and not to worry and to up the steroids in that eye back up to every 2 hours. I am, however, a little worried. Mostly because it doesn't seem to be "fluxuatiing" at this point it seems to have stabilized in a less than 20/20 condition.

Has anyone had an experience like this? I'm worried I'm going to have to go through the whole process again for my right eye.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I had PRK, so obviously my experience is different. That said.....

It seriously took me more than 3 months to see well (20/20). My right eye has never even corrected to 20/20, 20/25 is the best I got. But it was worth it considering it was 20/450 before! You will play mind games with yourself about the results of your surgery, don't waste your time on it. As long as you are better than 20/40, who cares?

But it can be kind of annoying to wear glasses in the plane.....but I deal with it!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had PRK, so obviously my experience is different. That said.....

It seriously took me more than 3 months to see well (20/20). My right eye has never even corrected to 20/20, 20/25 is the best I got. But it was worth it considering it was 20/450 before! You will play mind games with yourself about the results of your surgery, don't waste your time on it. As long as you are better than 20/40, who cares?

But it can be kind of annoying to wear glasses in the plane.....but I deal with it!

LASEK = PRK.

Brett

Ace_Austin

pilot
Now as far as being slightly off 20/20 one eye (20/20R 20/25L), but 20/20 overall does that affect which pipelines are open to you?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Now as far as being slightly off 20/20 one eye (20/20R 20/25L), but 20/20 overall does that affect which pipelines are open to you?

No, just have to wear glasses. Docs have never said anything to me about a pipeline being restricted.

Ace_Austin

pilot
OK thanks... I was just worried that Jets/E2C2 might have issues for the simple reason of the damned things comming off our heads during a trap. ( Then again the aircraft bouncing around is a risk in any kind I guess) But thanks, that was just this little naggin worry I had.