• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

References

Status
Not open for further replies.

willfly4food

What's up guys (and ladies),

I'm a junior in college and sent in my package back in March. Unfortunately, I was turned down (pretty much what I expected). My question is this: Is it better to list job references on your application, or to go all out and try to get recommendations from congressmen, admirals, and the like? I've heard different things from different people. Also, is three references the limit?

Thanks

P.S. My major is Physical Education. Probably not the most attractive on an application, but I'm almost done with school and hate the thought of changing majors and starting over. I would really like to hear from anyone who was a P.E. major that went on to earn their Wings of Gold or flew with someone that was a Physical Education major.

OCSNW

I don't know how much this will help you, but I submitted six or seven LORs: two or three from employers, one or two professors, one from the head of my school's business department, and one the school president.

I figured a bunch of recommendations would help offset the lack of accolades I could put on the application itself.

I guess it worked, I report to OCS June 14 = )

schmuckatelli

captaintailhook,

It is best to get recommendations from people who know you well and can say something meaningful. If you know an admiral or congressperson well then by all means ask them for a letter, but if you don't know any of those types of people it would be much better to get solid letters from former employers or professors.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
captaintailhook...what were your scores on the ASTB and PFT?

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Status
Not open for further replies.