• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reference forms?

Snicks

Nick
So I am active duty military and will be submitting my package in September. I looked over a co-worker wife's package from when she got accepted. She had DD 370 Request for Reference forms in her enclosures. Should I be using those forms? They say for reference to enlistment into the armed forces but I am already enlisted and looking to Commission. Is that just a general term or should I be using something else?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I am active duty military and will be submitting my package in September. I looked over a co-worker wife's package from when she got accepted. She had DD 370 Request for Reference forms in her enclosures. Should I be using those forms? They say for reference to enlistment into the armed forces but I am already enlisted and looking to Commission. Is that just a general term or should I be using something else?

Really great question to ask your CCC.

Better yet, find yourself an officer mentor in your command to help you out.

Snicks

Nick
I find it hard to believe that no one is willing to help you with your application
I'm sorry I don't know how to respond. At this point I am just driving all over the area to try to find an actual officer recruiter so I can gain some knowledge from them. My Navy HR has nothing in a reasonable place to find out about the application process after you are done building your package and where it goes or forms you should be using for reference or recommendation. My officer mentor is a NFO and was prior enlisted but he doesn't know now what the process is because he is fully certain that it has changed.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm sorry I don't know how to respond. At this point I am just driving all over the area to try to find an actual officer recruiter so I can gain some knowledge from them. My Navy HR has nothing in a reasonable place to find out about the application process after you are done building your package and where it goes or forms you should be using for reference or recommendation. My officer mentor is a NFO and was prior enlisted but he doesn't know now what the process is because he is fully certain that it has changed.

On the mynavy HR website there’s a fleet OCS checklist. If a DD-370 is needed, great use them. But if not, then you shouldn’t be trying to compare a street OCS package with yours (fleet).

JoeBob1788

This forum is a great resource for people to pay it forward… PM me your email and I’ll send you the interview forms. You need three officer interviews, and at least one from the designator for which you’re applying.

The OCS fleet checklist is your guide but doesn’t list all form numbers, and the only people I ever met who were knowledgeable about applying from the fleet were on here and had themselves recently completed the process.

exNavyOffRec

The process really hasn't changed that much. Look up ISPP under the program authorizations, if you qualify (no waivers) I would go that route.

Snicks

Nick
This forum is a great resource for people to pay it forward… PM me your email and I’ll send you the interview forms. You need three officer interviews, and at least one from the designator for which you’re applying.

The OCS fleet checklist is your guide but doesn’t list all form numbers, and the only people I ever met who were knowledgeable about applying from the fleet were on here and had themselves recently completed the process.
Thank you! That is what I was hoping for when I posted this. I have a problem where I like to expend all my resources before asking for help but I have been months on this. Thank you again!