• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiters

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Went to OCS with a girl who had been there over a year due to a fractured hip and shin. A YEAR. At OCS.

You want it, it can happen.

Who was that?

And what ever happened to the girl from 29-01 that Gunny Cagle yelled "run her over!" when she was falling back and getting in our way?

MasterBates

Andrea Trainum. She had been in GTX forever. Might have been on Convo Leave for part of the year, but she had the 'been here longer than anyone' distinction. I think we only had her for Candio and maybe the week before that.

The 29-01 one, I think I know who that was but can't think of her name. SNA or SNFO with a Psych Waiver.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
We had a guy, no injuries, over one year at OCS. The DIs just kept rolling him for the fun of it or something. He is now a commissioned officer.

I knew a guy like that. Something like 9 months, mostly due to behavioral issues. He got seawalled at least once, maybe twice. He was BDCP though, and eventually graduated.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I knew a guy like that. Something like 9 months, mostly due to behavioral issues. He got seawalled at least once, maybe twice. He was BDCP though, and eventually graduated.

Indeed. I think avoiding becoming "that guy" is the biggest stress of OCS. Usually they never understand why until the bitter end.

Zabka

I have a recruiter question, I have called the officer recruiter twice and left a message both times. The first time was beginning of last week, the 2nd was on Monday. Should I just wait for them or keep calling? I would visit, but they are in the next state over.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a recruiter question, I have called the officer recruiter twice and left a message both times. The first time was beginning of last week, the 2nd was on Monday. Should I just wait for them or keep calling? I would visit, but they are in the next state over.
It might be time to make a trip. In the mean time, I'd continue to be persistant when dealing with your future. If at some point you still don't gain any traction, then it may be time to contact the next level up.

exNavyOffRec

Is the number still to an OR that is still on recruiting? sometimes numbers aren't updated. What did you say on the message or what info did you give?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this the office you are trying to contact?

Navy Officer Recruiting Station Albuquerque
6605 Uptown Blvd NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Open Today 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Phone (505) 346-2745

or were you trying to get in contact with the NROTC Officer Recruiter?
klingner@unm.edu / (505)-277-3744

Two different animals.

exNavyOffRec

Is this the office you are trying to contact?

Navy Officer Recruiting Station Albuquerque
6605 Uptown Blvd NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Open Today 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Phone (505) 346-2745

or were you trying to get in contact with the NROTC Officer Recruiter?
klingner@unm.edu / (505)-277-3744

Two different animals.

I went to OR school with a guy that went to work at this recruiting station, now if it is still there, don't know.

Two different animals yes, but often both will respond to "hey sailor" and both will get be happy when someone says "let me buy you a drink" :)

DIVO

Another tip -- fill out the online application- indicate Officer interest. Your contact info will be loaded in his queue and the folks at HQ monitor that queue like they have nothing better to do.

Also - tip BE VERY NICE TO YOUR RECRUITER even if they don't deserve it. On the application -your recruiter gets the opportunity to endorse (or not). I will say that can be a very powerful tool to keep someone from geting a slot. I like to judge people on whether my Sailors would kill me if they ever had to work for one of my applicants. If they answer is yes - they don't get a glowing write up. I would hate to put Officers in the Navy that will someday lead my guys who suck.

Reactions: RJS

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I was wondering when an appropriate time would be to contact a recruiter. I googled/searched the forum a little bit and I didn't find much, except I did see that people could be picked up by boards months out from their graduation date, and sometimes even longer.

I'm currently a sophomore and I will be 2 years out from graduation this May. Obviously, I know that recruiters are extremely busy and have probably have many higher priorities than working with a SNA/SNFO candidate that would be 2 years from classing up at OCS at least.

So, I was just wondering when would be an appropriate time to get the ball rolling with regards to my package (also, please don't be afraid to put me back in my lane if I am way ahead of myself here).

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Sometimes just going to the office is the best. I was a Marine enlisted recruiter, and even if we weren't in, our cell phones were posted on the hatch.
Otherwise, remember time's are tight and no one's guaranteed a spot. The applicants that got less attention from me were wishy-washy, a pain in the neck or nearly DQd for medical/moral issues, but still thought they we're God's gift to the military.
And, of course, you could just have a bad recruiter, a bad number or a recruiter on his/her way out the door. Just go to the office and find out. It's your (my) future.

Whitefoot

None
I have a question about the process of conditional release after a ProRec-Y. Any knowledgeable person please PM me.