• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reading comprehension

Judge Q

Judging You
42% he ends up in Brett’s squadron...as an AOAN...they don’t need to read, just lift heavy things....

I like that he liked this, he's either a good sport or didn't understand the reference at all.

I knew an old ordie with a misspelled IYAOYAS tattoo...not even spelled out the letters were in the wrong order, he got some good natured ribbing about it (nice guy though).

Flight33

I like that he liked this, he's either a good sport or didn't understand the reference at all.

I knew an old ordie with a misspelled IYAOYAS tattoo...not even spelled out the letters were in the wrong order, he got some good natured ribbing about it (nice guy though).
I understood the reference, I’m just not going back and fourth. I came here for Q’s&A’s not to argue with grown men

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I'm still confused as to what exam we're talking about. Is this for the ASTB, or the ASVAB? Knowing which would probably improve the quality of whatever answers you're looking for. I don't recall a reading comprehension portion on the ASTB, but I took it 15 years ago, so who knows?

Be specific in your posts- we aren't mind readers here.

Judge Q

Judging You
I understood the reference, I’m just not going back and fourth. I came here for Q’s&A’s not to argue with grown men

For what it's worth, I apologize, even to the extent you merited being made fun of it was not necessarily my place to do it.

What was your major in undergrad?

Flight33

Nothing to argue about, if you can't pass the reading tests, you obviously don't have the fundamentals to be an officer.
See that’s where you have misunderstood the whole point of the message. I never said I struggled during the reading all I said was I was not sure what it was asking for. Being that the exam doesn’t show your strongest or weakest points I was trying to look to improve in all areas. I just asked for this one topic cause I couldn’t find any research on it. If I felt like I didn’t have what it takes to be an officer I would just go enlisted.

Judge Q

Judging You
My major was Exercise Sport Science

I'm assuming then you're in pretty good shape (hopefully you at least have that going for you), if your ASTB scores are in the crapper when you get them back aviation is probably out the door, a bad OAR is going to tank any officer jobs.

Joke's about AOs just having to lift heavy things aside you could have a productive career in the enlisted Navy if you just wanted to serve, (provided you could do better on the ASVAB) especially depending on how good shape you're in which could open up sexier options (if you otherwise qualify). You may want to explore your options on that side of the house.

Or you could go coach gym.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
See that’s where you have misunderstood the whole point of the message...words....
And you’ve misunderstood my answer and everyone else’s. Obviously while you can read you don’t comprehend. I guess the test was accurate.

It’s about your being a whinny little dick with the thinnest skin around. If you’d done any searching on this website or any research about life in the military you’d know getting good natured crap is part of the game. But you instantly turned it from good natured teasing to well deserved truth. You are the perverbial “that guy”.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
And you’ve misunderstood my answer and everyone else’s. Obviously while you can read you don’t comprehend. I guess the test was accurate.

It’s about your being a whinny little dick with the thinnest skin around. If you’d done any searching on this website or any research about life in the military you’d know getting good natured crap is part of the game. But you instantly turned it from good natured teasing to well deserved truth. You are the perverbial “that guy”.
Whinny?