• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naval Academy admissions

This board has changed a lot in the 2-3 years that I have been posting here. Now, posts get locked instantly. Only one person from the Academy was able to reply.

Here is my question since I must not have been clear in my thread, though I gave plently of information what my question was. How do I get into the Naval Academy? This was my last year that I was eligible. Thanks! (I once again apologize for asking about the Naval Academy in the Naval Academy forums; if there is a better place, please let me know.)

Some people had previously asked how my application was going on this forum. My post let people know what was happening, as well.

It takes a lot of balls to write about oneself, and I hoped that people would be considerate.

Most importantly, I really appreciated the few responses I was able to get before the thread was locked. My goal is to become a Naval Officer through the USNA. I did not apply to other academies because I want to be a Naval Officer. This was my last year of eligibility. What should I do? What NROTC schools do you guys recommend? What about a Direct Commission into the reserves? What about schools like the Citadel, that might provide an experience similar to the Academy?

Thanks!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
USNAClassof2009 said:
How do I get into the Naval Academy? This was my last year that I was eligible. Thanks!

If it was the last year you were eligible, then I suppose unless there is some type of waiver, you're kinda screwed. Sorry.

On another note, 10 bucks says this thread will get locked too. Oh, how I lust the power of the Gods, I mean, err mods. :D :D :icon_king

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
would someone in the "know" please explain that if they rejected you there is no way to "sneak" in, or get another shot regardless of how good your excuse matrix is.
Explore other options! ROTC, BDCP etc

Probably going ot have to change the user name too huh?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, so if you've been here for "years" then how come you changed your sn? Also, there are no waivers, it's controlled by congress (the age limit that is). So, if you didn't make it for 2009 then you won't be going to the USNA. That's the breaks, don't let em get you down. Anything can be overcome, just look at yourself to do it, not others.

I have more posts in the Academy forum than anybody else. I have tried to be very considerate and positive and spread a lot of information that had been here.

Yes, I do want to be an Officer. Yes, I only focused on the Naval Academy. I really know almost nothing about NROTC schools. I don't understand what the hostility is all about!

Most people didn't go to the Academy, so I don't know what the hostility is against me. Thanks!

I changed the screen name because I have grown up a lot since those 200 posts I have made before under two other screen names, and there was no reason for them to be together. I didn't suspect that this would backfire, and people would treat me like I am new here.

I've visited the Academy, I've done everything I said I would do, my BGO said he would write me the best recommendation he could, I got a nomination again, I have great morals and hopefully leadership skills. I received my rejection letter 2 days ago. I am not trying to ignore it, I am trying to act on it right away, since I received the letter on April 15th. Having gone through the admissions process twice, and asking for reference letters, nominations, PAE tests, I actually feel a bit guilty that I took people's time and was not accepted.

If they are still worried about academics, I have already taken Chem I, Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, Phys I and II, Bio I, so I don't see how I am not the most prepared of anybody else.

Yes, I do want to be a Naval Officer, and having spent three years posting and reading this forum, of course the Naval Academy was on my mind, and not NROTC or BDCP or OCS.

I thank the people who have already responded with suggestions, encouragement and criticism. I never talk about myself, ever, in RL, so putting it out there for other Academy applicants and students to see and judge me is very important for me. Thank you again!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok enough, we are all sorry you didnt get in look around the site see other options to chase the dream but please stop whinining it is unbecoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.