• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Pags

N/A
pilot
Have you already selected your inexplicably homogenous group to promote out of V-2 and put in thin white T-shirts?
(You know, the 20-something, literate, non-eye-hurting females.)

After 4 cruises on 3 carriers, I'm surprised no Air Boss has had an IG opened based on the V-5 staffing.
Never knew V5 was a real thing. We used it as a joke on the LHD...the Air Dept version of Pit Pilot or Gentleman of the Mess.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Have you already selected your inexplicably homogenous group to promote out of V-2 and put in thin white T-shirts?
(You know, the 20-something, literate, non-eye-hurting females.)

After 4 cruises on 3 carriers, I'm surprised no Air Boss has had an IG opened based on the V-5 staffing.
Unless “IG” stands for Infinite Goodness we don’t allow those. Oh, sorry @mad dog, I meant to write...Unless “IG” stands for Infinite Goodness we don’t allow those.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I'm out of stamps and envelopes.....mail the patch and a SASE to me and I'll send the check back to you.
No joy.

Tell you what...special deal today...the electronic version is free...already configured for your virtual AW flight jacket [avatar]...

Thumbnail below...click to expand...

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot

How often are landings like this a thing? Is there any inspection or maintenance? Blows my mind.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On the B737, prompted by the drooping winglets of the Max, we are now expected to land in a crab. Boeing says it is good up to max cross wind component even in our earlier -800s. Crazy hard to keep your feed still. Awfully rough landing too.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
On the B737, prompted by the drooping winglets of the Max, we are now expected to land in a crab. Boeing says it is good up to max cross wind component even in our earlier -800s. Crazy hard to keep your feed still. Awfully rough landing too.
Interesting. At my airline the AOM says to land with side slip, even with split scimitar winglets which are lower than the winglets on the max. It does say that with split scimitar winglets you need to crab over 15kts crosswind component to keep from hitting the winglet.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Does that 15kt limit go up after you scrape the bottom tip of winglet off?
You’re supposedly good landing up to 8.8 degrees of bank with the split scimitars. The max winglets don’t stick down quite as far but they kept the same limitation.