• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I got back into flying the instructor I had only gave me one bit of advice...”Never, ever, pause on the threshold of an uncontrolled airfield.” Pretty good advice.
Yeah. Never understood the point of position and hold/line up and wait at an uncontrolled field. Certainly not worth the risk.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Very nice day for a flight south, along the James River in Virginia. Smooth, crisp air the whole trip. Landed at W81 and made a nice rookie mistake by hitting the ground...with a tail wind! My little bird did not appreciate the 70kt landing. Lucky for me it was a live-and-learn situation.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You allowed to fly over Belvior?
If the field is closed. Typically it is OK to fly over on weekends but I try to steer clear less I pick up some bad habits. If I come in from the west I fly over Quantico’s training ranges and then just south of Belvoir’s airspace crossing the Potomac River over Pohick Bay.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Before (or technically, during) the fog rolled in, sitting in the LZ. Had to IFR it back. It's so nice to have that in your back pocket.

48659105548_cab998ff19_b.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I mean the "HI Nr" button is pushed and illuminated. I'm not sure what else they want from me.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Before (or technically, during) the fog rolled in, sitting in the LZ. Had to IFR it back. It's so nice to have that in your back pocket.

48659105548_cab998ff19_b.jpg
That Garmin MFD and GNS 530, 430, and 3XX transponder is pretty familiar to me! Nice to see. Do you fly with an iPad?