• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rand study on USAF pilot retention

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Sigh, that post ^ was before all of COVID, Tiger King, tanked economy, briefly negative oil prices, George Floyd, the Beirut blast, Biden-Trump race. I think we were still talking friction with Iran over the Soleimani droning.

Anyway:
https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/N...ssioned-flying-warrant-officer-retires-at-sea
The Navy had flying warrants from 2006-2014.

I wonder why they started it, and why they ended it. Standard guess on both accounts is always “Needs of the Navy”

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sigh, that post ^ was before all of COVID, Tiger King, tanked economy, briefly negative oil prices, George Floyd, the Beirut blast, Biden-Trump race. I think we were still talking friction with Iran over the Soleimani droning.

Anyway:
https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/N...ssioned-flying-warrant-officer-retires-at-sea
The Navy had flying warrants from 2006-2014.

I wonder why they started it, and why they ended it. Standard guess on both accounts is always “Needs of the Navy”
They started it because they were trying to get rid of the "trapezoid with a flagpole on top" career progression that happens in our multi-piloted communities. They ended it because BUPERS [insert reason here ¯\(ツ)/¯]. They shitcanned the program and made all the CWOs JOs, because different is apparently toxic with Navy HR.

For more detail, I give you the classic AW "do a search" answer, because the whole thing was being batted around here from start to finish by people who would know.

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
All the T-6 shots were Whiting. Wonder if the AF is looking to upgrade the avionics in all their T-6s.