• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick Air Force Academy Question!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jn99_2000

I know that this is a Naval Aviator forum but I figured this advice could be used interchangebly between the service academies.

I am scheduled to have an interview with the admissions officer/counselor from the Air Force Academy Monday!!!
What type of questions should I expect to be asked?? I know that I should answer what I truly feel, but is their any big Do's and Don'ts to remember besides then normal ones in any interview.

Thanks

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
Dress decent, shave, get your hair cut, you dont have to go crazy with it, just look professional. You need to act sure of your self,ie: strong hand shake, look them in the eyes when asked questions, that sort of thing. They are probably going to ask you why you chose the Air Force over other services, why do you want to go to the Zoo, what makes you a good leader, they might even ask you some ethics questions, why you want to go to school and come out with no money management or social skills j/k, they are definitely going to try and make you squirm. They just want to see how you react, just remember to be confident and be yourself.
Just a warning. You might get some pretty sh*tty responses on this board so watch out. Just try to wade through the crap and you should be fine. good luck.

ScottHook

As a Coloradan I get to see all the Air Force news, which is a daily thing these days. I would be ready for lots of ethics questions considering the fantastic "sex offender" reputation the male cadets are getting. That wasn't meant to be a joke, either. They're taking that scandal pretty serious.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
When I went for my comgressional interview (for USNA, but I'm sure the board asked the Air Force guys the same stuff) they asked about what I wanted to do in the Navy and then expected me to know something about what is currently going on in that particular community. Even if you aren't sure what you want to do, pick something that looks interesting for now and be able to say a little about it. (More than "I want to be a pilot so I can drop bombs in Iraq" )
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.