• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions and coments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

Question:

Is the T-34 a turboprop or radial engine?

Comment:

I just started my flying lesson in a C-152&C-172 and well it's a whole lot tougher than I ever though it would be to fly. I don't mean that I can't control a singe thing in the plane but it is still tough. Anyway, I think this is going to help me out a great amount when I am in flight school. What do you guys think?

By the way, any hot girls in flight school?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The T-34C is a turbo prop. Flying the C-172 will help you with your air sense and being comfortable in the cockpit but that's about it. Furthermore, if you are referring to your fellow officers as the "hot girls in flight school" then keep practicing real hard in the C-172 because you are going to need it for your career in corporate or communter flying. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Jack

The Major summed that one up pretty well. If you're looking to use flight school as a dating service - you may look elsewhere for your training.

Being a good pilot will get you recognition and good grades, may even save your life. However, being a professional will earn you respect from your superiors, peers, and most importantly the enlisted sailors working for you.

Maybe just some things to think about before spouting off with coments like that.?.

Jack
VT-7, NAS Meridian

jec

Raptor2216

I did not literally mean other emale pilots, I mean in the area areund there. I have never been down to florida so I don;t know what the area is like so i'm just asking. I don't know when they made it illegal for people to ask that question. Also, just for your information, I am a good student and I do go chasing around girls at the risk of my education. Sorry for whatever might have offended you people.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As I step into this discussion to beat a dead horse....

quote:By the way, any hot girls in flight school?

quote:I did not literally mean other emale pilots, I mean in the area areund there.

Raptor, just take this as a lessons learned from people that want to help you succeed, basically what this forum is all about. But Frumby and Jack hit it right on the money, our fellow female aviators deserve every bit of our respect and fellowship, they are not "hot girls", but Naval Officers that we serve with, and took our Oath of Office standing beside them to protect our country.

I know of many good friends that would take exception to that remark, and most assuredly some browsing this forum (as you have just seen).

quote:Sorry for whatever might have offended you people.

Just a heads up that I won't tolerate anything of this nature on the forum. I am not trying to beat you up over this, I just want to help make this clear.

Thanks for the apology, and keep on contributing to the forum and asking questions.

John Wickham

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
This is just a personal apology to Raptor. It was not my intention to single you out or make you feel humiliated by your comments. I know that you are not in the military and never have been but the reaction you observed is classic. I have to remember who the audience is and try to take in to account you and everyone else's lack of experience. Steve taught me that in regards to the DOR issue. It is true that had Raptor made a comment like that as a commissioned officer, he would have been standing on two yellow foot prints in front of my desk but he is not in the military and this is not the proper forum. I saw an opportunity to teach, Raptor was just the catylst. My lesson to Raptor and everyone else is you have to watch what you say and do. You have to be respectful of everyone, regardless of grade, sex and color. I saw careers ended after Tailhook '91 because of the most harmless of comments being blown out of proportion. I don't want to see any more good people go down for misinterpretation. Always, always check your six. It's unfortunate but true. Leadership by example is also key. If you show disrespect to a certain group, how do you expect your troops to respect you (Navy/Marine rivalries excluded)? Obviously, I take my profession seriously. My comments are direct and to the point and sometimes they hurt. I will try to work on that but I'm an ol dog and its hard. Rest assured, there is never any intention of malice in my comments only tidbits of knowledge from experience for everyone's benefit. That is the reason I spend my time in this forum.
Raptor, your comment was in fact, stupid. Your learning. You have also provided a useful insight on how to act as a military officer, not just for you but to everyone who reads this forum. Flying is such a small part of it. I guarantee, you are not the first to step in it and will not be the last. Actually, you are in fact the type of young person we look forward to as instructors. I would much rather have a person who goes at 100% and gets stepped on when he is out of line then to have a young officer show lack of initiative and have to be proded along. Good luck to you and I look forward to your future questions or comments. Semper Fi! Frumby

P.S. From your email you questioned my sexual preference, I happened to marry one of the attractive women from around the Corpus Christi area. If you had called her one of the "hot girls in flight school," John would have censored most of her comments.

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.