• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about CWE

kingcreator1

I try to do research about CWE ( Cyber Warfare Engineer) but i cant find any information about it beside general information from navy website. I asked my recruiter and he said he will find more about the jobs.

My questions are:
1) Do i apply for the job like normal applications from the recruiter?
2) My school is not from the list of NSA ( some people said the requirement for this no longer a requirement). I just want to make sure is it a requirement?
3) Any information about the jobs would be nice.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I try to do research about CWE ( Cyber Warfare Engineer) but i cant find any information about it beside general information from navy website. I asked my recruiter and he said he will find more about the jobs.

My questions are:
1) Do i apply for the job like normal applications from the recruiter?
2) My school is not from the list of NSA ( some people said the requirement for this no longer a requirement). I just want to make sure is it a requirement?
3) Any information about the jobs would be nice.

The first two questions I’m not yet willing to answer until your OR follows up.

As for #3, did you try using google? I did, and find a good amount about CWE.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

I'm a bit active on Reddit, and it's generally a very active forum site for lots of topics. Here's some threads I could find from /r/navy and /r/newtothenavy with people talking about their experiences.

Good luck! It's a very tiny and selective community from what I've heard.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Don't even know if it would ever exist, as it is now it is a 5 year designator then you must redesignate or get out
Interesting. Do they offer automatic offramps to certain designators, like 1810 or 1820, or is it more a fend-for-yourself redes mentality?.

kingcreator1

Is 1810 CWO? I feel like my recruiter is trying to push me to become SWO because in the Meps application, he wrote apply as Swo-ip and swo - IW. I want to be CWE or CWO.

exNavyOffRec

Is 1810 CWO? I feel like my recruiter is trying to push me to become SWO because in the Meps application, he wrote apply as Swo-ip and swo - IW. I want to be CWE or CWO.

Is your school on the approved list of those that can apply for CWE? It is good you have a tech degree however your GPA is lower than the average of those selected. He isn't pushing you to be a SWO, what he put down are SWO options which are not viewed by the SWO board, only the IWC board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Unless you’re prior service you are too old for SWO. Also, the SWO-CW/IP options are going to USNA/NROTC so it’s now a waste of time for your OR to submit you for those.

Lastly, a recruiter doesn’t submit job preferences for a MEPS physical. It’s just a regular DoD physical.