• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

exNavyOffRec

Checked out this small distillery, it was good, they also had a 138 proof I tried, that woke me up! If you are in Washington and driving through Sultan they are open 12-5 Sat and Sun

Attachments

• 20210306_223047.jpg
    20210306_223047.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

exNavyOffRec

While in Vegas a few weeks ago we happened to walk by a Dunkin Donuts and I thought of 2 things 1) I want a donut and 2) @mad dog and how he always post pic of Dunkin. It quickly became clear what I had to do, first I had to get a donut (okay it was two) and second take a pic in front of a LV Dunkin and post it here, I guess in between the first and second thing was explaining to my wife why I needed her to take this pic but lucky for me she thinks I am a bit nuts anyway so that was a quick conversation.

Attachments

• 20210528_160701.jpg
    20210528_160701.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33

BarryD

Contributor
While in Vegas a few weeks ago we happened to walk by a Dunkin Donuts and I thought of 2 things 1) I want a donut and 2) @mad dog and how he always post pic of Dunkin. It quickly became clear what I had to do, first I had to get a donut (okay it was two) and second take a pic in front of a LV Dunkin and post it here, I guess in between the first and second thing was explaining to my wife why I needed her to take this pic but lucky for me she thinks I am a bit nuts anyway so that was a quick conversation.
No close up on the watch!?!?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Gutted and rebuilt a dual function 16x12 media room / library. Went with thick carpet to absorb the stereo sound - walls were painted battleship gray with white trim. Audio/Video is a 7.1 Sony surround system with vintage Polk speakers, a Sony BluRay player, ROKU, a MediaSonic TV antenna converter (converts coax to HDMI) and a new Vizio 65" 4K. Built the bookcases and BluRay/DVD/CD cabinet with 3/4" birch plywood sandwiched around 2x4's fronted by 3" trim to look like thicker columns. Purchased a Woodford Reserve barrel - lot of sanding, some painting and a few coats of stain - then dropped in a hammered copper sink / faucet paired with a modified globe bar holding a few choice spirits. The overhead (white) light is the main light for reading with the wall sconces being old fashioned yellow for movie style lighting. (Looking for WW2 ship battle lanterns to replace the jellyjar lights) A well broken in leather couch and chair that I have had for many years finishes it out.

No shadowboxes, plaques, etc - instead its grandfather's old shotguns / photos of quail hunting, lots of ship photos (battlewagons to the left, family history to the right), and even more books (history major). The Welcome Little Brother B-25/P-51 print for my uncles (one was a Mitchell pilot and another flew Mustangs) A couple of pieces of sports memorabilia are on order to include a Cleveland Indians "99" "Vaughn" jersey. And now on to the next room....

Although there are a few small items left, the renovation of the other half of the basement into a gym is complete. The area of black mats is roughly 16'x18' although the furnace, water heater and water softener take a chunk of it. Storage is at the very back and covered with a flag. The matting is interlocking double density foam and vinyl wood planking is inexpensively glued to the upper half of the walls with drywall on the bottom. Flat black paint for trim and shelves while stained wood for the crawlspace / under stairs storage doors. Was able to cover 1 PVC pipe with 1/4" manilla rope (easy to do but time consuming) - will eventually do the one in the back.

Half power rack for bench and squats with assorted attachments, dedicated heavy duty deadlift bar with deep knurling for a better grip, Roman chair with curl attachment, dip / pullup bar (not in the photos), elliptical machine and stationary bike - with a 43" TV to watch Drachifinel historical naval videos while riding - or in this case, some music videos. (waiting for the shelf attachment under the TV for the BluRay player / streaming device to arrive.) Finally, some prints of different places around the globe we have been to: Innsbruck, Palma, Sydney, Melbourne, etc...

And that should be it for projects for a while...

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Break down and get a Peloton…. There is no substitute!
In my opinion, Peloton has the best content hands down. The bike itself leaves a lot to be desired. As a former very active cyclist there are better bike options out there, but nothing comes close to Peloton's content.

Innsbruck is an awesome place to visit and see, especially in winter.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
In my opinion, Peloton has the best content hands down. The bike itself leaves a lot to be desired. As a former very active cyclist there are better bike options out there, but nothing comes close to Peloton's content.

Peleton isn’t exactly my cup of tea, I would rather spend money on weights. In particular, if I had to do it again, I would get a full cage power rack instead of a half rack for security when doing squats (may end up selling the half rack and buy the cage anyway)

Innsbruck is great place to visit - the entire train ride from Innsbruck through Salzburg to Vienna is quite an experience.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

When is @mad dog getting a Peloton?