• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pull Up Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjacobs

Does anybody have or would want plans for building a cheap pull up bar to get into shape. If I cant find any plans I was thinking about designing one out of wood or possibly aluminum/steel. Everybody let me know and I will see what it would cost and things like that. I know I could build one for way cheaper than a store bought one if you can even buy one.

NuSnake

you can buy them at sporting goods stores and they just fit in a door frame...I have one and its a whole lot better because you can just take it down when youre done and it doesnt leave any marks or anything...i think its from champs sports

The_Goat

I built one out of 2 ten foot 4x4 and a little concrete in my back yard. I used a steel pole from home depot with threads on the ends. It threads into fitting that I screwed into the wood. It cost a little less then 40 dollars. I have one that goes in your door jam but my feet hit the ground. I hope this helps.

TargetInSight

Ahhh those door frame ones seem too fragile, but whatever works!

Mine is Simple yet Rugged:

Simple. Two long boards that can reach your ceiling (of your basement)- secure them to the rafters and secure them to a board laying on the floor. Drill some *****in' holes (preferably level with each other) and slide a 1 inch pipe through- use the pipe closers (the ones that screw on) to secure the bar. If the holes are just big enough for the pipe, there will be friction and the things not gonna move on you. If it does move, either: A) Suck it up or B) put stuff in the holes to secure it.

Got a black marker hanging from the end of a tube and everytime I do a set I write the number of p-ups on the board. Its cool seeing your progression and the shear amount you've done. Also put some motivational stuff on there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.