• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PT at TBS

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Could anyone give a quick idea of what the PT events are like at OCS? I tried searching and got the 5-6 mile walk hills run flats with a pack e-course, but couldn't find much else. I heard some show up not having a 1st class.

Also is there near everyday PT like at OCS, or is it independant? Are there any good weightrooms around (will you have time to lift)?

Thank you

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I'm assuming you're referring to PT at TBS, despite what your post says, due to the fact that you posted in the TBS forum.

Honestly, it is completely dependent upon your SPC. Plan on doing mostly combat conditioning type PT, things like Tabata squats, pushups, situps, pullups, etc... and stuff like crossfit. You won't PT very often as a Plt however, likely once every two weeks or so.

There is time to hit the gym; I went about 5-6 times a week. Not so much to stay in shape, but because that's how I dealt with all the frustrations you'll come to know during your time at Camp Barrett.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I'm assuming you're referring to PT at TBS, despite what your post says, due to the fact that you posted in the TBS forum.

Honestly, it is completely dependent upon your SPC. Plan on doing mostly combat conditioning type PT, things like Tabata squats, pushups, situps, pullups, etc... and stuff like crossfit. You won't PT very often as a Plt however, likely once every two weeks or so.

There is time to hit the gym; I went about 5-6 times a week. Not so much to stay in shape, but because that's how I dealt with all the frustrations you'll come to know during your time at Camp Barrett.

Yes I meant TBS, my mistake. Thanks for your response.

I've seen you over at bb.com so I was wondering.. how much flexibility is there with nutrition. Are you in a permanent cut or can you bulk? Should I expect to lose strength on my lifts?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Yes I meant TBS, my mistake. Thanks for your response.

I've seen you over at bb.com so I was wondering.. how much flexibility is there with nutrition. Are you in a permanent cut or can you bulk? Should I expect to lose strength on my lifts?

Well, first lets go ahead and discuss TBS's supplement policy. Its crap. Whey protein is the only thing you're allowed to have, and that was almost X'ed.

You can certainly gain weight, in fact if you're looking at making progress I'd recommend a 6 month bulk. Its really too difficult to eat clean for a proper cut not having a kitchen/spending so much time in the field/eating all those MRE's.

Just remember that its only 6 months. Plus there are no hotties around to impress, so I wouldn't worry about your physique too much. You'll have plenty of time for that when you get down to Pensacola. ;)

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Well, first lets go ahead and discuss TBS's supplement policy. Its crap. Whey protein is the only thing you're allowed to have, and that was almost X'ed.

You can certainly gain weight, in fact if you're looking at making progress I'd recommend a 6 month bulk. Its really too difficult to eat clean for a proper cut not having a kitchen/spending so much time in the field/eating all those MRE's.

Just remember that its only 6 months. Plus there are no hotties around to impress, so I wouldn't worry about your physique too much. You'll have plenty of time for that when you get down to Pensacola. ;)

Good info, appreciate it. Big ass bulker here we come.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Dude just eat right and exercise. Like Ryan said, worry about that shit when you get to P-cola. You are going to want to spend time sleeping and relaxing every chance you get (at least I did). Now, 5-6 times a week in TBS is Nuckin Futs to me, but that's me. I think that good cardio shape for endurance is the shape that you should stay in. I wouldn't worry too much about the whole lifting to get bulky bit. I suggest, if you're going to lift, do it in such a way that it will increase your muscle endurance. That will help you when you get to those long ass evolutions that just phase you out of your mind and you need a little extra umph to get you through it cause you decided not to eat everything in your MRE during the last security halt. Remember, the bigger you are the more water you need and you can only carry so much before you look like a Hatian donkey (and probably feel like one too).

IMG_7625.JPG

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I suggest, if you're going to lift, do it in such a way that it will increase your muscle endurance. That will help you when you get to those long ass evolutions that just phase you out of your mind and you need a little extra umph to get you through it cause you decided not to eat everything in your MRE during the last security halt. Remember, the bigger you are the more water you need and you can only carry so much before you look like a Hatian donkey (and probably feel like one too).

Nothing at TBS is so physically demanding that having more muscle would be to your detriment.

Besides, why stagnate if you can improve? Lifting and bodybuilding is a series of cycles and if you can gain muscle where you'd otherwise not, I don't see why you'd choose any other option.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
TBS has it's own gym. It's pretty good but it's open limited hours because it's staffed by the JOOD.

Unit PT is pretty much nil. It pretty much turns into a once every 3 weeks self smokefest.

Talk all you want about getting ripped out of your mind and whatnot now, but unless you're a fiend you won't be ripping yourself up much after a few weeks. If you are, well more power to you.

They call it The Body Softener for a reason.