• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT Training

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Yeah my freshmen year of high school i weighed 105 lbs and joined the football team, my sophomore year i weighed 135, by my senior year i was at 165, then at the end of my freshman year in college i was at 150 and it declined to about 138, and now im back up. I will take that advice though and do some legs every tues and thurs. I have had a light week this week cause some stupid lady pulled out and didn't look and almost hit me on my moring run on tuesday and i twisted my knee i still ran it off but the next day it hurt like hell so i took off a day and then went back at it and it hurt like hell again but i did some light stuff today and its a little sore but feeling much better, i still may hold off a week before i do some heavy lifting.

Those long run-ons tend to leave me winded too...

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
between meal calorie boost

one or two bananas
heap of peanut butter
milk (low fat's better 'cause it has less saturated fat, but worse 'cause it has more sodium - choose your poison)
few scoops of ovaltine and/or choco protein powder

add honey for a few more calories still

I asked a body-building friend today about maximum strength building in minimum amount of time. He said, "Do everything til failure" ..As in, pushup til you can't pushup no mo! And shoot for every other day, also rotating muscle groups.

I'm just getting started on my 'girly girl' arms myself. ;)

nugget61

pilot
Piggybacking on the thread, can someone describe OCS form for diamond pushups? I've seen them done with your hands under your nose, under your throat and under your pecks.

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
Piggybacking on the thread, can someone describe OCS form for diamond pushups? I've seen them done with your hands under your nose, under your throat and under your pecks.

Yes I can actually. Go out and do 400 "regular" pushups. Then go and run several sprints. However far you want to go...it really doesn't matter. Follow up with several...I don't know...lets say dozens of leg lifts. Then place your hands in a diamond shape right below the center of your chest. Start from the up position, and slowly lower yourself to the down position, being careful not to allow your chest to contact the deck. Then smartly (at the command of "UP") raise yourself to the up position. Repeat 100 times. That should do it.

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
Yes I can actually. Go out and do 400 "regular" pushups. Then go and run several sprints. However far you want to go...it really doesn't matter. Follow up with several...I don't know...lets say dozens of leg lifts. Then place your hands in a diamond shape right below the center of your chest. Start from the up position, and slowly lower yourself to the down position, being careful not to allow your chest to contact the deck. Then smartly (at the command of "UP") raise yourself to the up position. Repeat 100 times. That should do it.

...oh that's not funny. :icon_smil
don't know if I can even do one OCS diamond pushup yet...

kat27

I recently read that you only have to do sit ups, push ups, then a run for the PRT. Someone mentioned that you also had to do the swim. Does anyone know if you have to do the swim or not?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Swim optionally replaces the run once you're commissioned. For OCS/academy/nrotc purposes, you must run.