• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT scores significant pre-OCS?

Goob83

None
I would guess now it will have bearing on selection. the days of just passing the PRT may be over you will be expected to excel on the prt now, cause they can use it as part of the selection process

fatathaland

Tthis is how it ended up going for me:

1 Submitted Package
2 Pro Rec
3 Went thru MEPS
4 Did PRT
5 Med Rec
6 Final Rec

So you can see the PRT had no bearing on the Pro Rec because I hadn't even done it...but I can't help but wonder if they looked over my PRT as part of the Final Rec.

However getting the pro rec was a great motivator to train extra hard for the PRT.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Tthis is how it ended up going for me:

1 Submitted Package
2 Pro Rec
3 Went thru MEPS
4 Did PRT
5 Med Rec
6 Final Rec

So you can see the PRT had no bearing on the Pro Rec because I hadn't even done it...but I can't help but wonder if they looked over my PRT as part of the Final Rec.

However getting the pro rec was a great motivator to train extra hard for the PRT.

I believe in other threads Goob83 has said that the new policy is to do the PRT prior to submitting your application. So it will be an important part of you pro-rec.

Goob83

None
I believe in other threads Goob83 has said that the new policy is to do the PRT prior to submitting your application. So it will be an important part of you pro-rec.
YES SIR this is correct as of now you have to do the PRT first to send your kit off. THe word has not gotten out to the field properly so it may be a sticky point for a short time. the processor may forward kits to the PM and the PM will, well is suppose to kick it back. It remains to be seen if it will happen or not. I am submitting 6 kits tomorrow, two without PRT cause folks are not able to get it done due to obligations. we will see if CNRC catches this or passes them straight to board. it will be a good indicator of things to come. I will post when I see how they do it, but by the new instruction the PRT must be submitted with initial kit.

Goob83

None
I'm a bit confused about the importance of PRT results for a pre-OCS candidate's final recommendation:

So long as a candidate passes the PRT then, given that everything else checks out, the candidate will be recommended medically. In other words whether the candidate scores a "good low" or "excellent high," he/she has still passed the PRT and will be medically recommended.

So, simply, what difference does it make what a candidate scores on their PRT so long as he/she passes?

Examples appreciated.
I believe your assesment to be correct. You must consider that if they are requiring the PRT to be submitted with initial kit they may use it to break a tie or select folks.

jskibo

So did they kick any of the kits back to you?

When it says All OCS Programs I take it that it means DCO as well?

jskibo

Goob, So the PRT before board (Message change from Sept 13) doesn't apply to DCO packages?
I'm held up right now submitting as my recruiter is saying I need to MEPS and PRT before he can submit because of the new change.
I'm waiting on VA records for MEPS and the Oct 24th cut off date I was told for Supply DCO is fast approaching. If I can submit my DCO package without PRT and MEPS it would be great!

Goob83

None
Goob, So the PRT before board (Message change from Sept 13) doesn't apply to DCO packages?
I'm held up right now submitting as my recruiter is saying I need to MEPS and PRT before he can submit because of the new change.
I'm waiting on VA records for MEPS and the Oct 24th cut off date I was told for Supply DCO is fast approaching. If I can submit my DCO package without PRT and MEPS it would be great!

here is the part about DCO in the new instructon so since the PRT is part of MEDDOC then i guess you gotta do it. we are doing it this way

All DCO, Inter-Service Transfer (IST) and NAVET officer applicants’ physical examinations shall be forwarded as MEDDOCS to CNRC (N36) for final physical eligibility determination. DCO and IST applicants shall forward their physical examination/MEDDOCS at the time of application submission.