• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Pros and Cons of Jets/Props/Helos

KORhc

Maybe there would be an increase in demand for jets in the coming years with the production of the F-35C and Advanced Super Hornets, but that's just my guess.

jtmedli

pilot
FIFY...

And, now you can pretty much skip Primary... .

I'm sure there are guys there who give people a hard time about wanting jets but I never dealt with any of them. I flew with jet (yep they are there) helo, and P3 guys there and almost always got a fair shake when I asked the question about what they did.

To the OP: keep an open mind and work your butt off wherever you end up at. You'll be flying grey AC before you know it. Things have a way of working out. I went into primary as the typical newb who wouldn't hear anything about anything but jets and by the time I was done, I was beyond thrilled about going to fly helos. As a matter of fact, helo advanced at whiting was one of the best experiences of my life.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Maybe there would be an increase in demand for jets in the coming years with the production of the F-35C and Advanced Super Hornets, but that's just my guess.

Nope. Probably less with the UCAV coming on line eventually.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I'm sure there are guys there who give people a hard time about wanting jets but I never dealt with any of them. I flew with jet (yep they are there) helo, and P3 guys there and almost always got a fair shake when I asked the question about what they did.

To the OP: keep an open mind and work your butt off wherever you end up at. You'll be flying grey AC before you know it. Things have a way of working out. I went into primary as the typical newb who wouldn't hear anything about anything but jets and by the time I was done, I was beyond thrilled about going to fly helos. As a matter of fact, helo advanced at whiting was one of the best experiences of my life.
Agreed! I really enjoyed Helo advanced (minus BIs)