• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
If I am accepted for pilot and my vision at the time was fine and since it has gotten passed the limits. Can I get PRK if my OCS date is 6 months or more after I accept the billet?

WFU2USN

E6286,

Getting PRK can really affect your vision and if you do so after you've signed you contract, it could NPQ you - it just depends on your healing. Vision doesn't typically change drastically, so you should be okay. (Although, I know it can change bc of personal experience.) Talk to your recruiter just to make certain what the outcome would be. You don't want to get (hopefully :) ) and then lose a SNA slot!!

Good luck!

IS1(SCW)

Eteled

What is the situation like for someone that is going to get an enhancement? Does it look worse to the waiver boards (not SNA/NFO)? Anybody have PRK and get an enhancement, then get a waiver? I'm going to do some phone tag tomorrow...

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Well, see when I first applied a year ago I had 20/25 in one eye and 20/30 in the other. Since then (I am now applying for the second time) I have a feeling my eyes have gotten worse which is why I asked. Is it likely that I am out of the range or is that too drastic of a change?

Jeff29

Science Project
Have you actually had an eye exam lately? I think you can now be 20/40 (maybe even worse) correctable to 20/20. Drink a lot of water, get plently of rest and don't strain your eyes (i.e. reading, computer stuff) for a few days. Then go get your eyes checked.

There are too many unknowns with PRK; use it as a last resort (that's the voice of experience speaking).

Status
Not open for further replies.